Ignored member posting on my thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CSEtrader, Mar 24, 2019.

1. contra

contra

lol OMG classic. Don't forget about the awesome passing grade on the series 3! Baller status...

#41     Mar 29, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

Ahh yes, I forgot about that gem.

#42     Mar 29, 2019
  3. I used to think ET wasn't as much fun without the human punching bag known as marketsurfer. ... Wrong! :D

#43     Mar 29, 2019
    tango29 likes this.
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The #1 reason why you can do a search for the posts of another member and come up drastically short on the results is because you are doing the search while already in a specific forum, and by default, the search results are limited to the forum you are currently in. For example, if I do a search for all posts by contra by clicking the search box on this page above, you'll see that the check box for "Search this forum only" is checked by default.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 9.30.28 AM.png

If you run this search without being aware of that box checked, you'll think you're running a sitewide search, when in fact you're not. The search above only yields about 20 posts, and that's because contra has only posted 20 times in the Feedback forum.

So the confusion happens when you try to do the same search the following day on the same user, but his time you're either doing the search in a different forum, or you're doing it from the homepage, which will always give you sitewide results from all forums. Either way, you're going to get a different number of posts that next day than you did the day before.

If you're wanting to just find the posts from a certain member across all forums, the easiest way is to just click on their post count to the right of their username on any post they've already submitted. So if I wanted to find all posts from contra, I would click on the "876 posts" shown below. Now this just a screen shot so it won't work here but you get the idea.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 9.39.42 AM.png

The actual number of posts that come up may not match exactly because some prior posts may be in a thread that has been pulled down for some reason, but it will generally be pretty close to the stated post count of the user. So contra's actual search results total was 871 posts, which is close to the overall submitted count of 876.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    #44     Mar 30, 2019
    contra likes this.
  5. Sprout

Sprout

Thank you.

Are there any special search operators?
    ie, to include or exclude strings, dates, keywords, quotes, etc.

Also, anyway to search for 3 character keywords?

#45     Mar 30, 2019
  6. destriero

destriero

Rapey Todd Billis @Sprout doesn’t know to use ET search. Yeah Bro, it’s pretty complex.

#46     Mar 30, 2019
  7. destriero

destriero

lol schweiz, here you go! Wut? Magic?

CAE104DA-DB2C-48E3-B775-E12E9376E7EB.png

#47     Mar 30, 2019
    contra likes this.
  8. NQurious

NQurious

I've been spending too much time in the ES thread ... this is the best forum on the Forum lol!

Who's Xela?

#48     Mar 30, 2019
  9. destriero

destriero

She was CSEtrader's mommy before it became her daddy.

Now... who the FVCK doesn't know to un-toggle the forum button?!

#49     Mar 30, 2019
  10. NQurious

NQurious

I'm pretty new around here, and I discovered that little gem early on. I particularly like the "search this thread" option at times.

#50     Mar 30, 2019