Ignore Thread - New feature

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by 2cents, Mar 28, 2006.

1. just speaking for myself of course, but it seems to me there are quite a few boring at best 'feedback', 'chit chat', 'journal' etc threads popping up on the home page lately, at the expense of other more value-adding threads...

how about an Ignore Thread option on ET? would that be feasible?

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I second that motion. I was thinking of asking for the same feature. There are a few sections I never read...
    Also it would cut down on infigthing I assume...

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The best thing to do is let us know about these threads by clicking on the complain button on the first post of a misplaced thread, so the mods can be alerted about it and move it to the correct forum. This way, the thread disappears by getting moved to the right location instead of disappearing by ignoring it.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

What I meant was not necessery bad threads, just ones that I am not interested in. For example I never read the Forex section, so I could easily do without them.

If I could put threads or whole sections on ignore, I could browse through the rest much faster...

5. or just a way to minimize sections on the forums page. Sort of like being able to personalize for quicker navigation. Personally I like options and I have to keep rolling up and down the page, get to be a hassle. If I was able to minimize middle sections of the forums page, then I could access my favorite sections faster.

Just my .02

6. Hmmm...are we talking like 1-3 seconds faster???

My favorite sections are Psychology and Technical Analysis.

There's 4 sections above Psychology I rarely read and it took me a few seconds to scroll down from the top of ET webpage to the Psychology section and even faster from Psychology to the Technical Analysis section.

Also, if you have a favorite particular thread...you can subscribe to it.

Note: Today I'm using a 56k modem because my cable and dsl on my main line is under upgrades.

Thus, the few seconds I gave reference to above is via a 56k modem :cool:

Another option is to save direct links to your browser of your favorite sections especially if the other sections are an eyesore to you.

For example...here are my two favorite sections direct links...

Technical Analysis
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=33

Psychology
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=35

In fact, you can just create a folder in your browser with all your favorite sections...

Works very well for me especially when reducing my browsing time at ET from like 3 seconds to 1 second via a 56k modem. :p

Mark