"Ignore" Notification

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by vanzandt, Feb 22, 2018.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There's a perpetual assumption that traders in the U.S. think this way about themselves whereas those abroad assume successful traders are worldwide. :D

In contrast, in the past year...I've seen successful trading by those that trade from libraries, RV, co-working spaces and even from picnic bench near a parking lot of a zoo.

Prior to 2016, I would have laughed about such nor would I have believed it.

No need to act like a mummy. Put on a nice white dress shirt, blue jeans or dress slack, deoderant...people walking by and a little noisy will just think you're some geek or grad student that's doing some project. :D

wrbtrader

#31     Mar 4, 2018
  2. zdreg

zdreg

Should I thank the people who put me on ignore?

#32     Sep 6, 2019
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is not how the Ignore feature works, I am surprised nobody has pointed that out.

If Soes Ignores you, you will still be able to see his post and even respond to them, but he won't see any of your responses. If I Ignore someone, I never see his posts, I only see an Ignored poster blank post.

So, does that answer your question?

#33     Sep 6, 2019
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

No, because you can still see their stupidity.

#34     Sep 6, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.
  5. zdreg

zdreg

The administrator says
    "You can't see his posts because he has you on his ignore list."

Please explain.

#35     Sep 12, 2019
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Why don't we do a test? After responding to you I will put you on my Ignore for 6 hours, and see if you can still read post #36. Then I Unignore you and we go from there.

You should still be able to read my posts including this one #36, the way I understand the feature working, but I will only see a Ignored poster notification without being able to read your response, what should be #37.

So, here we go...

Edit: Now that I am Ignoring zdreg, I only see post #35 as a blank post

#36     Sep 12, 2019
  7. zdreg

zdreg

can you see this post?

#37     Sep 12, 2019
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

No, not until I have Unignored you just 10 seconds ago. It was blank. You obviously saw my post so I was right about how the feature works.

#38     Sep 12, 2019
  9. There is ignoring and then there is step 2 ....blocking. What are we posting about here?

#39     Sep 12, 2019
  10. zdreg

zdreg

re: ignore vs. ignore+ block
    "You can't see his posts because he has you on his ignore list." The administrator
    The administrator was wrong and you were right.

The reason I cannot see his posts is, in addition to my name being put on ignore by electric savant, is that on the next line he put a check in the box next to Block above member(s) totally. When that box is checked I cannot see his posts.
    When then box is not checked I can see his posts. I also can respond to his posts but he will not see them or any of my other posts.
    (The block choice is found ONLY when you click on your own name. On the left hand side scroll down to ignored people. Then click,. Only then do you find the block feature which you can choose to enable or not.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    #40     Sep 15, 2019
    Pekelo likes this.