"Ignore" Notification

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by vanzandt, Feb 22, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Soes is my favorite poster. :D

#11     Feb 23, 2018
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It's possible but never going to happen because it defeats the entire purpose of putting someone on ignore.

#12     Feb 23, 2018
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Not following ya. Whats the difference between putting someone on ignore... and putting them on ignore with an official notification of such? Other than an official notification.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    #13     Feb 23, 2018
  4. Overnight

Overnight

And we still do not have an official answer for the difference between putting someone on ignore, and putting them on ignore while also choosing "block user completely" afterwards? What does the check box on that option do?

#14     Feb 23, 2018
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Whichever one Tanti used was the max. I couldn't see anything he posted when logged in.
    Now Soes on the other hand.... I see all of his proffered wisdom.
    Beats me.

#15     Feb 23, 2018
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Because when they get a notification, you've just completely stirred up the pot. Now they know you don't want to see their posts. Now they know that you find them annoying. Some users may feel like they don't deserve to be ignored and want to know why you did that. In fact, it may just piss them off and provoke them to be irritating in other ways. It just serves no purpose to broadcast to somebody that you just ignored them.

#16     Feb 23, 2018
  7. Overnight

Overnight

*waves hand at Baron, jumps up and down shouting ooooo ooh, ooh.* See above a couple of posts.

Oh, I think I have to do the @Baron thing.

#17     Feb 23, 2018
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah but I can find 10,000 posts here where people say..... "welcome to my ignore list".
    So that argument doesn't necessarily hold water.
    Imagine a troll where somebody says exactly that.... but then a completely unrelated party (someone with stature) puts them on ignore.... all the sudden it packs a way more powerful punch.
    I'm right on this one B.

#18     Feb 23, 2018
  9. Overnight

Overnight

I realize you are a busy man, just looking for an answer. What the grail IS, is the answer I seek, and the grail question is what was posted above. :)

#19     Feb 23, 2018
  10. You see, I'm a nice guy. As a courtesy I usually inform the user I've ignored them.

#20     Feb 23, 2018