Ignore news and trade purely technical?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by illinimatt81, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Brilliantly stated!
    Lengthing the charts absolutely minimizes the effects of the news (noise) that it's randomness & chaos causes in the charts.

If trading on a shorter term (Intraday) basis then watching and paying attention to the news is imparative.

#41     Jun 10, 2008
  2. Again...get over yourself. we don't view the market any different. there is a lot of stuff going on in it but it is pretty simple when you get down to the bottom of things. it's buyers and sellers.

#42     Jun 10, 2008
  3. You are one angry person.
    Good luck to you.

#43     Jun 10, 2008
  4. seriously, does this thread really need to continue ?

#44     Jun 10, 2008
  5. lol far from it. i probably "work" 15-20 hours a week now. outside of that i play video games at "work" 2-3 hours a day, i work on the house, hang out with my dog, drink with friends, watch sports, and so on. i got a friend who just started at an investment bank and he is putting in 80 hours a week or something insane like that. even with that he still won't be close to what i am making now. i'm lucky...i know this. i just get really irritated with ET-types who act like the stuff they do is on some other level or hard to understand.

#45     Jun 10, 2008
  6. yes...i must get in the last word!

[​IMG]

#46     Jun 10, 2008
  7. I work about 10 hours a week. I found video games fun when I was a child, now I find other things more stimulating. I read, I play in the garden, in my yard, enjoy my children and grandchildren, and I don't drink. I play sports not melt into my couch and I find all my friends a wonderful distraction.

None of my friends are investment bankers; they are lawyers, farmers, professional athletes and just average Joes.

I make a wonderful living, don't have an ego and never get irritated by the arrogance of those individuals on the internet that are so full of themselves that they have no room in their lives to learn.

P.S. Tell Andy I said hi.

#47     Jun 10, 2008
  8. if you are long and Fed Plosser is speaking about inflation on CNBC could be a good idea to get out and shorts your Notes...at least for a quick scalp before the economic data. :D

#48     Jun 12, 2008
  9. News might get me to look at a chart to see if the news brings in interest… like high volume, volatility, gaps, et cetera… but I would never trade the news like long good news short bad news, the news just brings my attention to the chart, and then I trade the chart just like I always would anyway.

#49     Jun 12, 2008