Ignorance on display - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#21     Apr 2, 2019
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

It's not a riddle, simply pointing out the hypocrisy of supporting the GOP when it's led by the \ likes of Trump, Gomer, Nunes, King, etc... Her being misinformed on the timing of the 22nd albeit somewhat right on the motivations of it is far from needing to be called out for being "crazy".

#22     Apr 2, 2019
  3. #23     Apr 2, 2019
    Cuddles and vanzandt like this.
  4. UsualName

UsualName

The funny thing is that Ms AOC is better known by republicans than democrats because Fox News makes it out as if she is leading the democrats rather than just a marginal figure.

Good luck with explaining to these guys they’re brainwashed though.

#24     Apr 2, 2019
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  5. I agree! Our president should also do some research before opening his mouth...If it is ok for him, it is fine for AOC.

Since winning the 2016 presidential election, Trump and his team have repeatedly called the win “the biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan.” It wasn’t. In fact, only two presidents have received fewer than Trump’s 304 electoral votes since 1972 — Jimmy Carter and George W. Bush. And Trump’s 304 is less than both of Barack Obama’s wins, at 365 in 2008 and 332 in 2012.

In a phone conversation with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that got somewhat heated over the tariffs, CNN reports, Trump brought up the War of 1812, claiming that Canadians burned down the White House during that conflict.

Following Trump's meeting with the President of China Xi Jinping, Trump revealed yet another misunderstanding of global history on April 12. Describing his meeting with Xi and their discussion of North Korea, Trump asserted that North Korea was once a part of China. Not only was he wrong, Trump implied that Xi delivered this information. Koreans were outraged by Trump's comments.

#25     Apr 2, 2019
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, but I (and others here) frequently point out stupid when it is on full display on the right. You, however, come up with excuses when it is on the left.

Every time.

#26     Apr 2, 2019
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You need to understand the word "marginal". Suzanne Bonamici, Congresswoman from Oregon (D), is an example of a marginal figure in the democratic party. No one has heard a damned thing about her. I had to google random congress reps to even hear of her for the first time.

AOC is on every media channel and talk show (Fox being the least often). That isn't marginal. Hell, she wouldn't even have an acronym as a way to refer to her if she were marginal.

She's out in front because a very radical arm of your party is making it so. It isn't Foxnews' fault that you guys keep giving the microphone to a bimbo bartender.

#27     Apr 2, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway and Optionpro007 like this.
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ok, so because Trump is a jackwagon most of the time with his claims, you want to excuse AOC of it? Do I understand this correctly?

#28     Apr 2, 2019
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

My first post on AOC on this board was me calling AOC a lefty kook

#29     Apr 2, 2019
  10. I never asked you to excuse her, I criticized her and Trump.....but why is she suddenly in the spotlight for shit being done for years...

Your post indicated that doing research before opening their big fat mouth was just directed at Dems...

#30     Apr 2, 2019