ig0r Swing Experiment

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ig0r, Nov 24, 2003.

1. ig0r

ig0r

Sorry guys, updating became kind of a hassle. I was used to spending 5 minutes a day on the trading aspect and I found myself spending another 15-20 doing an update here :) Account has been growing just fine in this correction, im at $3584 right now. It should work just as well in a bear market, there are strong stocks in bear markets too :D 2% will probably be all I can get in a bear market, but I don't think we're there yet. A few more months of bull...

#141     Mar 16, 2004
  2. I liked his pennystock journal...

#142     Mar 16, 2004
  3. Irma

Irma

..so goes another journal...no fun when you're losing.

Irma

#143     Mar 22, 2004
  4. ig0r

ig0r

account at 3650 right now, just too lazy to keep track, if you want i can try to post my plays each night, just too much of a hassle to update record, made new high today

#144     Mar 22, 2004
  5. You might want to think about closing the journal down then...it's of no interest is you just post your equity.

m

#145     Mar 22, 2004
  6. ig0r

ig0r

Sure, fair enough :) I may consider posting another journal soon, higher time frame (holding for weeks), got the idea from reading about what some successful fund manager was doing, I believe he said he's doing it with mutual funds now. Basically it is to find stuff in a low volatility, tight channel and go with it, exit on the break and a little buffer

#146     Mar 22, 2004
  7. Kinda what Gary Smith ("How I Trade for a Living") does....tight rising channels on funds.

m

#147     Mar 22, 2004
  8. Spass

Spass

Ig0r,

I have been reading this forum for a while, but never posted. So, here goes my first post, and only because I want to tell how much I have been enjoying reading your posts and I would love you to continue your journal in either this thread or start a new one. My holding period is several days, so I am also very interested in learning about your approach for higher time frame trading. Please, continue, even if you can only spare a minute or two... there seem to be quite a few people who enjoy your postings...
    Much appreciation and respect, Spass.

#148     Mar 23, 2004
  9. bait

bait

ditto

#149     Mar 27, 2004