If you're young, pay attention to Madoff.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by flytiger, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Here's a piccy

#41     Dec 14, 2008
  2. Not very good, no hole for his head.

#42     Dec 14, 2008
  3. mynd66

mynd66

wasn't there any transparency, why didn't people see where the money was going? Maybe it was legit up until a certain point. How hard would it have been for Madoff to line pockets of his fam and then simply say its all just a ponzi... this year is wiping out accounts, people will do crazy things

#43     Dec 14, 2008
  4. Humpy

Humpy

:D

#44     Dec 14, 2008
  5. The worst part about the stockade was not the public humiliation and fatigue from being locked in it... it was that you had no way to stop anyone from coming behind you and doing you know what! They had some pretty effective forms of punishments back in the day. Another one was tarring and feathering. It sounds like a funny form of punishment but hot tar and the skin don't separate easily afterwards...usually fatal. Yikes.

#45     Dec 14, 2008
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

#46     Dec 14, 2008
  7. That's where Jeff Skilling wanted to go. It is supposedly the "crown jewel" of Federal prisons. He ended up in Minnesota. My guess is Bernie will end up somewhere be in New York or New Jersey.

#47     Dec 14, 2008
  8. karol88

karol88

eh, I think they don't mind...they probably like the fact that he stole all the money from the goyim, and gave it to his family and friends :)

#48     Dec 14, 2008
  9. nlslax

nlslax

Actually, there are at least two non-goyim charities that had 100% (their fault) of their assets invested with him. One of them on Long Island fired everyone Friday and and the other in Mass will probobly do the same soon.

This dirtbag didn't care what the religion was of the people he took money from or what type of services that money was supposed to provide. He just took it. I hope he pays and lives long enough to suffer for the suffering he has caused.

#49     Dec 14, 2008
  10. sumosam

sumosam

not knowing the man, its hard to say if he was psychopathic...i don't know. perhaps, some element of organized crime had something on him, or wanted something, and he therefore went clean.

i lived in saudi arabia when i just finished school...many billionaires there. must say, that i did not see them as happy....

research shows after about $50,000/year there is diminishing returns on income earned.

#50     Dec 14, 2008