If you're young, pay attention to Madoff.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by flytiger, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Jeez, all this dumb sh*t about about the same dumb person .. um well, its driving me mad off my head.:D

#21     Dec 13, 2008
  2. poyayan

poyayan

At the minimum, I know mutual fund and 401k is a scam.

2% each year for something with a 50-50 chance beating index performance.

Then, a retirement program where mutual fund has to pay to get listed as an option.

#22     Dec 13, 2008
  3. Humpy

Humpy

I think the USA has gone soft on fraudsters and other criminals.

Today's youngsters seem to think getting caught is just a part of some game but to get away with it ........then you are someone !!

Even first degree murderers in the US have a cushy 20+ years with en-suite facilities, colour telly etc - wasting taxpayer's money.

Give them 6 months tops to find a credible defence or XXXX fried !!

Let's hope Obama shows a bit of steel

#23     Dec 13, 2008
  4. #24     Dec 13, 2008
  5. No, this is Ira Rennert's house in Sagaponack, New York. Took me a bit to figure this one out. Property taxes for Bernie's Long Island house were listed at $17,000 in one article so his digs are much more modest in comparison. This house has taxes of approximately 400k per year which values it at 170M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ira_Rennert

#25     Dec 13, 2008
  6. Ironically (or maybe not), Ira Rennert was reported by CNBC to "heavily, heavily invested" invested with Madoff.

#26     Dec 13, 2008
  7. then fake his own death like the other guy, wink and wink; lol

#27     Dec 13, 2008
  8. I think its more that at a certain level of income your net worth just becomes a dick measuring contest and complete greed takes over if out of nothing more than boredom.
    Also people are just stupid. I thought Buffet made a great point on this that you could offer him 5 billion to play russian roulette with a gun that has a 100k chambers and he would still never do it. Winning would mean nothing, losing means everything.

#28     Dec 13, 2008
  9. nlslax

nlslax

Priceless...:D

#29     Dec 13, 2008
  10. nlslax

nlslax

A recent article said his sons turned him in. They may have, but I'm guessing that was a calculated move intended to put 100% of the blame on Dad to keep the kids out of jail too. They had to have known something.

I agree with an earlier comment - there is no way he did all this himself without help from anyone else.

#30     Dec 13, 2008