If you're not with me, you're against me

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aquarians, May 15, 2018.

1. zdreg

zdreg

Take the ribbon from my hair
    Shake it loose and let it fall
    Lay it soft upon my skin
    Like the shadows on the wall
    Come and lay down by my side
    Til the early mornin' light
    All I'm takin' is your time
    Help me make it through the night
    I don't care what's right or wrong
    I won't try to understand
    Let the devil take tomorrow
    But tonight I need a friend
    Yesterday is dead and gone
    And tomorrow's…is out of sight

from the movie"Fat City"
    "Washed-up boxer Tully (Stacy Keach) is inspired to restart his career after seeing potential in a teenager, Ernie (Jeff Bridges), whom he spars with at a gym. While Tully battles his past demons, including issues with alcohol,"

get yourself a good woman.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    #21     May 15, 2018
    tommcginnis and CSEtrader like this.
  2. I've heard a traders version of this statement. "If within half an hour of sitting at the poker table you can't figure out who's the sucker, you're the sucker".

#22     May 15, 2018
    tommcginnis, JSOP and CSEtrader like this.
  3. >> While Tully battles his past demons, including issues with alcohol

It's true ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization_of_Kievan_Rus ) : "Drinking is the joy of the Rus. We can not do without it."

I recommend you read this book: "Beria - My Father: Inside Stalin's Kremlin"

The stupid shit they said on those alcohol fueled parties at Stalin's court. Most idiotic by far apparently, was his successor, Nikita Khrushchev.

Just don't confuse what they say under the influence with real life.

#23     May 15, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Great song. Kris Kristofferson wrote it.

#24     May 15, 2018
    tommcginnis and CSEtrader like this.
  5. Chit Chat

#25     May 15, 2018
  6. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

But still, real friends are the most precious and rare treasure.

#26     May 15, 2018
  7. zdreg

zdreg

is your daytime job selling cold water?

#27     May 15, 2018
    Aquarians and tommcginnis like this.
  8. JSOP

JSOP

Except when you are in EXTREME situation when you are in EXTREME dire need of help but your allies share no mutual interest with you anymore, then you need friends? NO!! At this time, you need FAMILY!! No matter how much of enemies they were to you, they will ALWAYS pull through for you in one way or another, it's amazing. Blood is REALLY thicker than water.

So let's review: When you are fine, you need allies. When you are not fine, you need family. When do you need friends? When you are bored but then again, there is movies, TV shows, Youtube videos and Elite Trader :). When do you need friends? Almost never if you think about it especially when they can become your enemies in a blink of an eye. LOL So bottom line: Have LOTS of children! Have a BIG family! If you are tired of changing diapers, hire nannies!! China and those middle-eastern countries have gotten it right all along after all, they seem to be ahead nowadays. Would be interesting to see if having a more family-oriented culture is really the way to go for the future especially during the robotic age where the only real people that you would know for sure would be your family members. LOL

#28     May 15, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 and CSEtrader like this.
  9. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Optimistic and beautiful! We don't need friends, but they are gifts when they happens in your life. Perhaps I am speaking more about allies. Yes, children and generations to follow is everything. Sadly, not always the extended family - sometimes blood is not thicker at all, to have it is also a gift.

#29     May 15, 2018
  10. I agree that family is thicker than blood but with barely above replacement level in children, you're left out with friends. I read some study which basically stated that pink is the new blue or something along friends are your substitute family.

And I've really got like... one... who's sort of blood line close. Can tell him stuff I can't tell my wife for instance, and it's not cheating or frivolous stuff you may think. Can't even tell my parents or my brothers. Think my drunken posts on this forum x1000. And I'm not drunk :p

Real friends are a category of their own.

On the other hand there is stuff that I tell my wife and can't tell him or my parents. Overall it's like a split-broker, only I know the full strategy :)

#30     May 15, 2018