If you're a guy woud you get married today?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jinxu, Oct 25, 2010.

I'm an older guy and my advice to young men about marriage is:

1. Yes, getting married is a good thing.

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. No, getting married is not worth it.

35 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. Larson

Larson Guest

Do you actually believe your own bullshit? I can show you just as many divorced children from homes just like the one you outlined above. I have seen people come from broken homes who were determined to make it and have. You are full of it.

#41     Oct 26, 2010
  2. do some woman a favor and dont get married

#42     Oct 27, 2010
  3. A days pay? No problem. I will email you my address so you can send me $500 dollars to make up for the money you didnt lose today. :D :p :D

#43     Oct 27, 2010
  4. I voted for Marriage. Both my parents & wifes parents never were divorced.

#44     Oct 27, 2010
  5. ronblack

ronblack

Marriage is risky business. If it works out you will have a nice life but if it goes sour you will live in hell. Close to 95% of married people live in hell. Marriage is something to judge from its results, not from its objectives.

I think it is better to find a woman who is suffering a lot from a bad mariage and convince her to get a divorce and come to live with you than trying to meet young, pretty free girls who behave like boys of the 1980s.

#45     Oct 27, 2010
  6. My wife sent this to me. Part of a joke about older women and men. Seems appropriate for this thread.:D

For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?' Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!"
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

#46     Oct 27, 2010
  7. I'm in support of it. I think if you find the RIGHT person (not the CURRENT person or the person who "makes sense", then it can be a wonderful thing.

---

AntiVirus download

#47     Oct 27, 2010
  8. Mav88

Mav88

Legally there would not be much difference in a split, there would still be a legal mess with minor children involved.

#48     Oct 27, 2010
  9. it's the fear of the woman changing that keeps me single. after she says "I do", maybe she'll gain 40 pounds; maybe she becomes lazy because you have money and it's now hers; maybe she becomes a nagging machine. and when you're dating, you can put up with PMS and the typical bouts of emotional instability, but the thought of living with that for 25 yrs scares the crap outta me.

by keeping the relationship as "dating", you force her to continue to work at the relationship.

#49     Oct 28, 2010
  10. Mav88

Mav88

What if you gain weight and go bald? Hello fat chicks

#50     Oct 28, 2010