If you're a guy woud you get married today?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jinxu, Oct 25, 2010.

I'm an older guy and my advice to young men about marriage is:

1. Yes, getting married is a good thing.

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. No, getting married is not worth it.

35 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. jinxu

jinxu

There was an article that claims most divorces occurs around the 4th year of marriage on average. And that around 70-75% of divorces are started by women. Furthermore, there's less sex after getting married. A lot of older men are telling me that getting married is not worth it today if you're a guy. And that the divorce laws favors the woman. But as a young trader I don't know what to think.

I know there are some older traders here. So, if you're were a young trader (or just a young guy in general) would you get married today? Considering the environment today. Why or why not?

And oh yeah, how would getting married affect your trading?

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i have been married for 6 years. my wife and I are soul-mates and i love her dearly. sex is as great now as it has ever been, though i understand this is not the norm.

regardless of all of that, i still would not get married were i a young, single male today. my reasoning is that there is too much to worry about with a family (keeps me up at night a lot) and the world is not a nice place for raising children any more.

3. Today is my anniversary. Fifty second year.

Never marry a woman who has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

4. bigb

bigb

good advice

5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!:)

6. thank u Leapup

7. wave

wave

"Each year on his wedding anniversary he goes down to City Hall in the hope that his marriage license has expired."

8. 9999

It depends with who.
    With Charlize Theron I'd get hitched right now.
    :D

9. If you are making money and you are a healthy young male, please tell me one good reason to get married.

10. 1) You're describing nearly all women. :confused:
    2) 11-7.......Fibonacci ratio! :eek:

#10     Oct 25, 2010