If your going to remove obama care, remove free medical services as well.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Jan 12, 2012.

1. And we used to have volunteer FD's, still do in many places. Do you think that's the right thing to do?

Maybe all roads should be toll roads, maybe $10 per mile? I can easily pay that to go my office. Maybe have $20 admission to parks in your town? No free parks, no free roads. Put everything into the private sector? Not a bad idea in some regards, like McDonalds at military bases, but in general, a bit weird.

?

c or c

#11     Jan 12, 2012
  2. Ut oh, we may have a point of agreement here. I don't want to deprive any young people an education, but if their parents aren't paying any type of taxes, then we may agree.

c

#12     Jan 12, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

You do know that "local" taxes pay for your "local" services right? And your "property taxes" for for the protection of your "property". You do understand this right?

#13     Jan 12, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

Do you have to make it public?
    I got a reputation to maintain here.

L

#14     Jan 12, 2012
  5. Police and fire are covered in your taxes so if you are a tax payer it's not free where as nobody is paying for their own healthcare through taxes, they are paying for somebody else's.

Get it professor?

#15     Jan 12, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually I'm OK with local taxes paying for local services. As opposed to user fees. At least for most services. My problem is the people who aren't paying taxes, or paying far less than the rest of us, still getting the services.

That "c" doesn't stand for the "C" word does it? :D

#16     Jan 12, 2012
  7. "Taxpayers" don't pay for squat. If you really think your taxes are paying for your police protection, you're an ass.
    It costs, where I live, and this was a few years ago, 10k per year to educate one child. At the time this figure was quoted to me, that was equal to my property tax for a year.
    So, if you have one child in the system, he's paid for. Additional children are being paid for by someone else. Police, fire, sanitation, public works? Somebody's paying for that stuff, but it ain't you.
    That somebody is "industry". Where I live, we had a big a/c company, a paper company, some other biggies who'd pay big taxes into the local treasury. Those guys paid for a lot of the rest.
    But not all of it. What they didn't cover got covered by state and federal money. Meaning large state employers and large national employers pay for some of what every town, however small, provides in services.
    You, residential taxpayer, are only a very small piece of a very large pie. This worship of the "taxpayer" is one of those things I had a hearty laugh about when I moved to the 'burbs. As if they count. Honestly. I realize the pols have to pander to you stupes, but for you to believe them is just beyond pathetic.

#17     Jan 12, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ugh, I think you are leaving out municipal bonds. You see my friend, not only is the local taxpayer paying the taxes, they are also lending the money through bonds. So yes, a majority of it is funded locally. Sure, some small % are from sales taxes from people outside the area, but even most of the sales taxes comes from the locals. Give it a rest.

#18     Jan 12, 2012
  9. Do you read? At something above 2nd grade, that is. Sheesh.

#19     Jan 12, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm trying to teach you. Say thank you now.

#20     Jan 12, 2012