If your day trading profit is more than your day job, will you quit your day job?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, Jan 12, 2011.

1. volente_00

volente_00

6k monthly nut tells me you need to get debt free first before making any decision.

#21     Jan 14, 2011
  2. volente_00

volente_00

Does Brian Hunter fit in this category ?

#22     Jan 14, 2011
  3. I'll assume that your asking this question means that he <i>doesn't</i> fit this category, and is one of the exceptions to the general rule.
    I never ruled out the existence of exceptions, so there's no disagreement here.

#23     Jan 14, 2011
  4. nLepwa

nLepwa

I would trade other people's money. That's where the real money is.

Trading your own money should remain a hobby in my opinion.
    You shouldn't trade money that you can't afford to loose, because if you do, trust me, you'll loose it with high probability.

Ninna

#24     Jan 14, 2011
  5. volente_00

volente_00

How about this fella ?

:)

#25     Jan 14, 2011
  6. Finally a voice of reason. If these traders are telling the truth. They are all in the top 1% of allmoney managers worldwide. This reminds me if the Internet bull market. Messed up!

Fina

#26     Jan 14, 2011
  7. No offense, but I guess you don't understand that most public info about trading is designed to lead the public down the wrong road. Do you really think ptj would tell the world what he is really doing? I knew this board was naive but this is ridiculous pointing toward 1980's photos as evidence.

#27     Jan 14, 2011
  8. volente_00

volente_00

No offense but if you knew anything about PTJ, you would know he is a very private person and why he bought the copyright to Trader and allows no one to reproduce it.

#28     Jan 14, 2011
  9. Vadon

Vadon

I am just thinking getting in to trading. I am average guy finished college and had job... doing that job making enough money to pay bills for my family. Is trading really for me? Can/should I take that risk? Or keep doing my day job....

#29     Feb 8, 2011