If you were going to kill yourself, how would you do it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cutten, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Suicide by Cop.

#41     Nov 30, 2008
  2. sumosam

sumosam

I went to a suicide prevention workshop a while back, and we discussed "is suicide ever rational?"

I would have to agree with euthanasia....saw my dad suffer, and suffer. This happens with many patients. Even heart patients tend to die a much slower death to-day (congestive heart failure vs arrythmias).

Most of the money in health care is spent on end of life initatives. Imagine, if it was invested in children's/mothers health. Or, even mental health. There is not that much mental health morbidities compared to say, heart disease, or cancer, but the cost to the economy is staggering.

There are many people, in Canada, that are in the court system (more expensive) than in the mental health system. Also, look at the other costs of crime....this is not to say that the majority of folks are violent.

Perhaps a bit of a diversion to the OP's question. But, there it is.:D

#42     Nov 30, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

I would go out and kill the people on my "TO KILL LIST " ....and then go out in a blaze of police fire.....peace...

nope, you aint on that list so dont worry...

#43     Nov 30, 2008
  4. I always figured that idea was a waste of time and energy. I rekon it would be like driving behind a dump truck on the road, only to pass it it and end up behind another (sigh). So it is with assholes, get rid of one and another pops up to replace the one you just got rid of.:eek:

#44     Nov 30, 2008
  5. i'd eat myself to death..

like everybody else

MEATZILLA PIZZA morning, noon and night!!

:D

#46     Dec 2, 2008
  6. Not true at all. Truck drivers lose their lives because people believe this. Do the truck driver's kids a favor and hit a bridge pillar instead.

#47     Dec 3, 2008
  7. Not only horrible, but I don't think its possible. The heat would build gradually. May as well put yourself into a pot of tepid water and try to boil yourself. I think you'd eventually reach a point where you'd bail out of your plan...involuntary reaction.

Of course, it might depend on the speed of spaceship. I guess if you had one fast enough...

SM

#48     Dec 3, 2008
  8. Q: 'How does a klansman attempt sucide?'

A: 'He trusts a Jew with his life'

#49     Dec 3, 2008
  9. You could always buy a high powered motorbike, or fly an ultralight.......

Its not a sure thing, but at least it would be fun while it lasted.

#50     Dec 5, 2008