If you were assembling a trading room and you only could choose from ET's illustrious

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Jun 3, 2006.

1. George Thorogood is a trader?

#51     Jun 6, 2006
  2. :)

#52     Jun 6, 2006
  3. Hey folks

First things first;

Welcome to the NFL grasshopper. Sorry to have hurt your feelings.

I figure my opinion is as good as anyone else's at minimum.

Now I don't want to have to stay after school so here is my "on topic" comment:

I know several excellent traders (people who actually trade).

As regards discipline and the ability to see the market, I would say that Spydertrader is a solid trader. He's got a winning game. I don't know of anyone who works harder at it.

I like Acrary's posts. Over a period of time, I observed his automated systems at work and was impressed. Obviously he sees the market well. Significant experience and talent there. Nothing beats that combination.

I appreciate Riskarb's posts. Although I have a problem with his risk management style, I think he sees the market real well.

Thats it.

Steve

#53     Jun 6, 2006
  4. I suspect that the correlation between the perceived quality of posts and the ability to actually extract money from the markets by trading is lower than most people think. And that the correlation between what people claim on ET, and reality is even lower. So my answer is, I have no clue but would like to do some testing to find out.

The markets could easily cut through the crap. If I were king, ET would hold trading contests and traders' equity curves would pop up when a mouse is held over someone's nic. I think if this ever were to happen, we'd be surprised not only by the results, but also by who would and would not participate.

#54     Jun 6, 2006
  5. strongly agree , especially on the part of who will NOT participate. My guess : most of the egomaniacal pros/gurus will NOT.

#55     Jun 6, 2006
  6. I agree with everything you have said....

so.....

Alright, here we go. I'm participating ASAP.

Here is my equity curve, and It's on FIRE!!! But, it has been a bumpy ride full of ups and downs.

This can be posted by my name whenever you all figure out how we arrange that.

EDIT: Got it fixed now. I love lunch time, I can screw around with this stuff and eat my corn pops as well :D.

#56     Jun 6, 2006
  7. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Rearden Metal - Look in the P&L thread to see why.

#57     Jun 6, 2006
  8. Oh absolutely, I hope he continues to post, definately raises the bar to the next level... and then some.

#58     Jun 6, 2006
  9. Cheese

Cheese

This question is a two parter. Also I'm treating the question as running a total operation to make profit day on day .. no jacking around. Participants get basic plus bonus on the particular market they play and on the system they are given.

Assembling a trading room? In reality no one would want to assemble a trading room from ETers. ET is a chit chat & therapy zone. And ET is a collection of has-beens & wannabes. Most have never really made it and will never become big hitters. This is not meant to be derogatory; its descriptive.

Like anything you have to shape success; you can't do it with a bunch of younger types, just green-behind-the-lughole fantasists, on one hand and on other hand the disparate collection of limited outlook matures who are all past their 'sell by' date. They are people outside the loop .. generally not in employment.

The second part is, who would you choose? This takes me outside the question. Answer: young bright women. I need them to learn accurately the perceptual/operational shills required and to do what they are told. Some men get ideas above their capabilities and I don't have time to f**k around. Equally anyone who doesn't work out, gets 'the push'.

I have run a dealers & client liaison room using young men. That is a different proposition though. That works well. They get ambitious and want to move on. That is fine too. A good team is easy to recruit for because it functions like an 'elite corp' and young guys want to be aboard something that sees itself as 'the best'.

So is it the 'The A Team' or 'Charlies Angels'?
    For me its 'Charlies Angels'.
    :)

#59     Jun 6, 2006
  10. Hehe, cheese, you are the funniest person on ET, and you don't sugar coat anything, I love it!

Only problem is, I don't think Charlies Angels are hanging out on ET or are ET members :p. If Jessica Alba is out there on ET and reads this, fire me a PM!

But, you do got a good point about women traders... Definately something to think about. Question is though, where do you find young and bright women traders??? There aren't any in VA I think.

Take the girl featured in that article about day-traders in Japan, she looked like she knew what she was doing.

[​IMG]
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/b...425db8f0a71a50&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
    EDIT: Late 30's though, don't know if that qualifies as too old for ya cheese.

:)

#60     Jun 6, 2006