If you were assembling a trading room and you only could choose from ET's illustrious

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Jun 3, 2006.

1. <b>Profturf!</b>

There is no subsitute.

#41     Jun 5, 2006
  2. Kensho

Kensho

That post probably goes over the head of most guys here. Not me cause you pointed out the obvious a while back, thanks - I was quite suprised.

#42     Jun 5, 2006
  3. acrary, what an honor to be mentioned. As you know the feeling is much more than mutual on this side. I've been trying to drop you a PM about a potentially worthwhile trading opp but your popularity prevents it. Maybe drop me a line at opmtrader@yahoo.com or a PM if your box gets clear. Keep gunning for Simmons. You may just take him single handedly!! : )

#43     Jun 5, 2006
  4. Just from those that I know:

Red_Ink_inc., for his equities and consistency and has proven himself many times in the P&L thread for a long time now, and I have learned a lot from him and respect him, he and I both have very similar ways of trading, I just tackle the bigger & faster equities and he handles the slower and smaller equities, I always compare his stats to mine at the end of the day, it's scary how if I averaged up my stats or his down, they are insanely similar.

ElectricSavant, he is consistent with forex and is honest and has a great system that works for him, also I respect him for what he does and his honesty. Has helped me outside of ET as well and very helpful and honest. Oh yeah, have to take his wife too so she can handle the other shifts as well :p

Coolweb, he is a cool guy and has experimented with various systems and he likes his swing trading and other various types of trading he has done. Him and I have a lot in common I believe outside of trading.

Steve Tvardek, tackles the bigger and faster equities like I do, and has proven himself consistent and is helpful to me in PM and I believe we have a somewhat similar trading style.

Kastro, another forex trader that I think could be a great person in the group and he is willing to help others.

Volente, need someone to tackle futures and I trust volente on that, kept me motivated when I first was getting manhandled by Futures.

Riskarb, although I don't know riskarb all that well but it appears he is a great options trader, and need to keep it diversified.

FaderTrader, he is in VA and I have talked to him via PM, he knows his stuff and I think he is a great person and a great trader as well.

Porgie, well, porgie is just crazy sometimes, and well... that is good enough for me to make myself not seem all that crazy.

JMowery1987, I guess I'll reserve the final spot for myself, as I am the rookie and still learning and have no problem being on the bottom of the chain, but consistency I have achieved and am still here and intend on being here a long time and know I have what it takes to succeeed in the long term.

That about wraps that up. :)
    I try and learn from everyone I can that has something to offer on ET, those guys above I believe you can learn a lot from *NOT ME THOUGH :p*, plus many others on ET.

I think if I had to surround myself by successful people, those would be the ones I'd take and learn from every day w/o question.

#44     Jun 5, 2006
  5. Just can't resist

You're a high school kid

Shouldn't you be in the bathroom measuring your dick?

and could you get that ego problem checked before you post again?

Thanks

Steve

#45     Jun 5, 2006
  6. Um, no?

Oh btw, I'm no longer a high school kid, but you successfully made an off topic post, give yourself a pat on the back for that one :p

Just giving credit to all the ET'ers who I believe are great contributors and helpful to ET.

And Ego.... hey, if me believing in myself is an ego, well I guess I have a BIG one :D I thank several of the people who I mentioned in my above post who have told me they think I have what it takes to be a great trader, and I know they are great traders, so hearing it from them makes me believe I can do this.

If that is illegal, well, I guess I'm going to be committing crimes all my life.

Steve46, I have seen many people don't appreciate your posts in the past. I guess I'm now one of them as well.
    steve46 = Pwned (and ignored). Thanks for posting off-topic on what is a great thread!!!

Hopefully a mod will clean up this crap.

#46     Jun 6, 2006
  7. Hey ES, just curious, who would you have on your list? You started the thread, hopefully you have some that you think are worthy on ET.

#47     Jun 6, 2006
  8. I would rather wait for the thread to mature a little...Lets let everybody respond that wants to.

Also the ones you ask may not accept...I know many traders that drink alone and prefer to be by themselves...but for the purposes of this thread, we do not need to concern ourselves with that.

I know exactley who I would ask and my choices may surprise you...

Michael B.

#48     Jun 6, 2006
  9. Good point, as a matter of fact, I doubt many on my list would join a group. As a matter of fact, I think a majority of successful traders would probably not want to change their environment.

I'm personally all alone trading remote, and I like it that way, it lets me keep my pace, and be flexible. Although it would be a dream to have a room full of the above list and have them all in the same room and I could be in learning from all of them. I'd do it if I knew it would be rewarding in the long term. *Plus, sometimes I love to play music, and other times I like it dead silent, it just helps if I can control the environment to what is beneficial to myself*

But would be shocked if any of them would claim to move to a small group of traders.

Interesting...... very interesting...

I'm betting on YOU and YOUR WIFE only. I wonder if I will be right.... But I'm interested in being suprised of course.

#49     Jun 6, 2006
  10. Reminds me when I was in a prop. firm...

We used to tell a newbie trader who just got hired:

"Hey, you're on my 'short' list"

ES... is that the big surprise???

#50     Jun 6, 2006