If you want to fail as a trader, study TA

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by The Expert, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When you READ something, you should ALWAYS think about the words you are reading.

Let us now READ the title of the thread.

" If you want to fail as a trader, study TA"

What is the most important word in the name of the thread, that, if read correctly, clearly answers a lot of the questions already posted by members?

TE

#41     Apr 29, 2010
  2. MK,

I am not sure if there are areas on ET for private discussions, as in our private social forum on the advertising site that kicked me out:D , so, if you want to start any threads as a follow-up to our past discussions, please feel free to do so, and, who knows, we might all learn something new from each other, as, they day we stop learning, in the markets, is the day we start losing, but, we must be very selective in what we learn, as, it is very easy to learn all the WRONG things.

TE

#42     Apr 29, 2010
  3. I'm gonna pick, "trader..."

#43     Apr 29, 2010
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Guru---

When you say "TA", do you mean tits and ass or technical analysis?

#44     Apr 29, 2010
  5. Study

#45     Apr 29, 2010
  6. Correct:)

So, to move on and stop talking rubbish, like one of the recent posters:D , if you STUDY TA then you are more than likely going to fail as a trader.

To be even more specific, if you waste countless hours and effort trying to study about math derived TA, such as MA's, MACD, Stoch's, Bol Bands, and all the other useless math derived studies, then, you are, well, lets just say, barking up the wrong tree entirely, like most do of course:confused:

TE

#46     Apr 29, 2010
  7. Redneck

Redneck

OP,

I see all things do come full circle – as it should be…

Say howdy to TFF for me

And a little stretch of the mind you say is in order – yeah I think I’m up to it

Seldom do I predict but if I were to start…. I would predict if one approaches this thread from a “normal” mindset – it is going to frustrate the hell out of you – we shall see... And I can only hope:)

RN

#47     Apr 29, 2010
  8. Nexen

Nexen

Just generalizing but my chart of choice is the daily.

#48     Apr 29, 2010
  9. Although I agree that TA is pretty much a waste of time...

Starting off like a know it all and that somehow it was T2W's loss pretty much gives a first impression similar to discovering a coffee stain on one's new table...

#49     Apr 29, 2010
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Guru---

Let's see if you will answer this question:

Is support and resistance technical analysis?

Don't be wishy washy like most of our Gurus here. It's a simple yes or no type question.

#50     Apr 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.