If you want to fail as a trader, study TA

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by The Expert, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the guy just got banned from other site

and you are all chirpy waiting for him to chime in

what makes you think this guy knows anything

you people need to get a grip in life

#11     Apr 29, 2010
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Don't you know? There's a sucker born every minute.

#12     Apr 29, 2010
  3. Nexen

Nexen

Technical analysis is fine. The problem is people use it on charts that are too fast too useless, looking for that trading fix to hit the sell buy orders like if it was some sort of action game.

Use relevant charts and you'll see how technical analysis works much better, it's not perfect but it's way better than listening to those stupid clowns on the news.

#13     Apr 29, 2010
  4. His banning appears to have been more to do with a personality clash than any solid evidence of wrong doing.

So please can we just hold off on the squabbling for a little bit?

Try and avoid "going off all half cocked" until you have some solid facts.

#14     Apr 29, 2010
  5. agree that the longer the tf the less noise, but what would you consider the shortest tf suitable for using ta and are you referring to any specific techniques or just generalising?

Also, yeah if you listen to the news you're just reacting, not anticipating and the likelihood is that by the time you get in you're way too late to the party and you're stepping in with the herd.

#15     Apr 29, 2010
  6. So what if you're getting a leading divergence signal. Of course you wouldn't take it in isolation and you would need to view it with suspicion in the context of what other things are telling you.

I think also there is most probably some ambiguity as to what certain people consider to actually be TA.

Haggerty's "The Generals" for example is in my opinion a TA based approach.

#16     Apr 29, 2010
  7. There certainly seems to be some very consistently profiable traders here using TA? 'NoDoji' 'Saliva' 'lexcorp' and a load of others whose names escape me. They post their calls realtime and post blotters.
    I wonder what they say when they are told TA doesn't work?

Could this be that 'traderzones' guy??

I dont know myself as im a newbie/UNprofitable trader, but I know of no other alternative to trade the markets intraday other than TA so lets see how this thread evolves.

(if he was banned before from another site, the members there must have thought he had nothing of value to say, but hopefully im wrong! lol Im might read his T2W thread this morning to see what he's all about!)

#17     Apr 29, 2010
  8. I welcome differing opinions, even those with whom I disagree, and especially those of which I have never heard.

So, OP, thrill us or bore us. Just get on with it. The entire ET board is your audience. Do you keep us?

#18     Apr 29, 2010
  9. buylo

buylo

An expert on failing.........chimes in on failing.

#19     Apr 29, 2010
  10. clacy

clacy

I know this much.....Anyone that uses as many emoticons as the OP did in his opening post is probably under 30. That alone will cause me to look at his posts very skeptically.

#20     Apr 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.