If you want screaming to stop on CNBC, reply here.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Fox Business news or Bloomberg have far less cheerleading assholes.

CHANGE THE CHANNEL!

#11     Nov 19, 2008
  2. CNBC brass are clearly assholes.

And why do they keep reporting news thats has been obvious for months as if they have a scoop?

That pinhead saying the Feds minutes are shocking calling for 2% increase in unemployment.

2%? They'll take that and high five each other

#12     Nov 19, 2008
  3. the point of the thread is the screaming over one another. I concur wholeheartedly. I simply turn it off.

Their dependence on personalities are insane. Who wants to see the same ego maniacs day after day? When they bring on Michelle Lee, Melissa Francis, Rebecca what ever, they do just fine. Why pay the big bucks? I find myself turning away more and more.

#13     Nov 19, 2008
  4. abe12345

abe12345

I used to watch CNBC when I first began trading but later discoverd Bloomberg. CNBC tends to have more screaming, and more sensationalism than Bloomberg. Not a good thing if you're trying to be objective. Also it is annoying. They have nicer charts though.

#14     Nov 19, 2008
  5. In the hope that the execs at cnbc read this maybe we should have a vote on who is the biggest asshole on cnbc.
    I would rule out kudlow because he is clearly senile. Kramer too because I don't think we should pick on the mentally challenged.
    Now Dennis whatever his name is strikes me as a complete twat as does Liesman. They are my two picks...

#15     Nov 19, 2008
  6. why does anybody still watch CNBC?

#16     Nov 19, 2008
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Ooops, I was logged out and had you off ignore!

#17     Nov 19, 2008
  8. You guys got it all wrong. CNBC is like watching pro "wrastleing". Not to be taken seriously, but can be entertaining from time to time.

#18     Nov 19, 2008
  9. rc5781

rc5781

don't do that...that's my number #1 indicator

screaming on cnbc = go short

#19     Nov 19, 2008
  10. rickf

rickf

CNBC is in the business of "newsfotainment" -- it's reality tv for those interested in the business world.

IMHO the only person worth listening to on CNBC is Rick Santelli over at the CME. He doesn't hype and is pretty damn unflappable -- and has taken other CNBC folks to task for their comments, including Cramer. Steve Lieseman I can handle, too. But Santelli is the only person I 'miss' not getting on Bloomberg.

Dylan Ratigan used to piss me off with his shouting and over-the-top bravado on "Fast Money" (which I listen to when making dinner) but he's done a few FM op-eds or segments recently where he's calm, composed, and surprisingly rational. So for the moment he's in the "maybe" camp for my support.

As to who I can't stand:

Maria is the quintesenntial squeaky pom-pom girl. When she's at the desk she's calm, but when she's on the NYSE floor she's perky and cheery and rah-rah-rah.

Mark Haines. Nice enough guy, but seems more doddering now than ever.

Larry Kudlow has his moments of sanity, but his too loud and one-sided tv presence just masks anything useful he might say.

And of course, IMHO Dennis Neale is a waste of fresh air. What value does he add? I have yet to figure that out -- the guys a bleepin' smug idiot.

Note: I don't have the TV on when trading during the day. I switched to Bloomberg last year as my "main" business tv channel, and only catch CNBC now and then if I'm running around the house -- or as I said, the first segment of Fast Money when making dinner for a market recap.

#20     Nov 19, 2008