If you use your broker's charts

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Gcapman, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

then technically, I am assuming that they would be able to steal your chart settings and being that they have all your executions - in essence, your strategy is very easy to steal if your broker sees that you are worthy of theft

Thoughts?

2. Yeah, Etrade is stealing chump strategies that is why they are financially fucked.

:p

3. Gcapman

Gcapman

Sorry - I should have specified that I was referring to bucketshops NOT regular brokers...

Specifically FX Bucketshops

4. l2tradr

l2tradr

Chart settings don't determine a strategy, so I don't see how that would be of any use to anyone. Plus, brokers are in the business of making money via commissions and in the case of FX shops, spreads, and not taking directional trades. IMO of course.

5. Gcapman

Gcapman

I agree that charts *alone* don't determine a trader's strategy - risk management is just as if not more important BUT all traders start and hone their strategy based on the effectiveness of their chart settings...

I see and and understand ur point about the broker's means of making money but it's very hard for me to believe that they would not hack into a *successful* client trader's chart settings and try to reverse engineer it for their purposes

6. :D