If you Trade, you need to do this asap.

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by mtcx2009, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Shagi

Shagi

Until the day price gaps on your stop. Then you will know pain and think again.

#21     Apr 6, 2009
  2. limau2

limau2

> to avoid gap, trade using trailing stop intraday only. When close at the end of day, exit from mkt.

> also depending on markets. If the gaps are often in the 'A' market, pls trade other 'B' market. Gaps are the characteristic of very 'troubled' market.

> Trailing stop is still 'the best among the worst'. If it is not, pls give better strategy, Shagi.

#22     Apr 6, 2009
  3. An interesting thread with good inputs. :)

Wireless seems to have trouble and one does get disconnected frequently. Is that correct?

#23     Jun 26, 2009
  4. mtcx2009

mtcx2009

Glad to see my thread has grown some.

Wireless=

Security Issues

Connectivity Issues

For email sure - for trading never, no chance. Wired is the only way to trade.

#24     Jun 26, 2009
  5. For you guys with two internet connections, do you have a dual wan router, or do you switch over manually?

Also, if you have cable internet and DSL, which one is your primary connection? I have both and these days am leaning toward DSL as my primary since it seems more stable.

#25     Jun 26, 2009
  6. No one really needs two internet connections these days aside from mobile internet. Take a laptop outside your house and you'll probably find couple of decent unencrypted wifi signals. I have AT&T for internet and my neighbor broadcasts his Comcast wifi without a password.

Also, I've been trading on a mac for a year now. I use IB for execution and Thinkorswim for charts. It's working out quite well. But it can't beat the ole Windows for trading. I don't like parallels so much.

#26     Jun 30, 2009
  7. The DSL router I use allows me to attach a wireless modem as backup ;)

#27     Jun 30, 2009
  8. Thanks mtcx2009, my thoughts exactly! :)

#28     Jul 10, 2009
  9. no offense but...the biggest issue and safeguard is simply...have a 'sure stop' in place so you can even be 'snorkling in the pacific' and all will be secure with your trades...even if you are at the desk 2 feet away...a 'sure stop' will be your 'safeguard' if you computer blows up or melts down at that point...it is really not that involved...

#29     Jul 10, 2009
  10. I watched price trade right thru my stop and keep going unfilled due to server failure on my broker's end. Guess who was responsible for eating the extra loss?

#30     Jul 10, 2009