If you trade for a living in forex mkt, this poll is for you

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Comandatore, Sep 5, 2005.

What is your monthly performance on Forex?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2006.
  1. 0-5% (i ve been trading for living less than 3 yrs)

18 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. 0-5% (i ve been trading for living more than 3 yrs)

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. 10-15% < 3 years

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. 10-15% > 3 years

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. 15-20% < 3 years

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 15-20% > 3 years

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. more than 20% <3 years

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. more than 20% > 3 years

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  9. Annual return +- 20%

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  10. Annual return .....i am losing money,trading for living was my biggest mistake!

9 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. trading Forex "for a living"
    20% a month LOL
    good joke

#21     Sep 22, 2005

2. No Kikin....you are a joke
    20% profit a week...
    :D well its called Maniaco/depressivo/market follower/feels the heartbeat of the tick by tick forex...and this NO SYSTEM in the world can beat...i challenge the system you want...

#22     Sep 23, 2005
  3. ckarlis

ckarlis

When metatrader4 first came out I thought it was no more than a poor man's tradestation in the forex market. The customer service does suck...no argument there. But as I started playing around with it and did infact program some models on there , I have had a change of heart. Also the fact I am making money using that platform makes a difference too. But let's be honest most of the forex platforms are made by subpar programmers for the johnny lunch bucket crowd anyway. This platform does have potential and some sex appeal, I have had few issues with it in the past 30- 45 days and am still trading it.

Trading for a living.....bottom line you can make a living day trading , but do not expect to buy a few books and a few systems and start driving a Porsche. Will not happen. Instead resort to living on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches working nights as a bartender or at the airport handling baggage. After a year of that then it's steak one night macaroni and cheese the next evening, still not quitting that job at the airport. Then maybe year 3 you will learn the different market conditions and what type of trader you are in certain conditions, then you can quit the night job. Take it from me I have been doing this a long time have blown out more than anyone I know in the business. It is a great business but it takes time. If you do not want to take the time to learn the business than you can resort to selling empty promises or become a broker which entails calling people on the phone asking them for money and losing it...

#23     Oct 5, 2005
  4. tomcole

tomcole

ckarlis' post is probably one of the greatest posts on this website - ever.

#24     Oct 5, 2005

5. *gee* in 3 years you have posted 2 messages.....where have you been all this time:) anyway thanks for the advice....so..in which braket you come in? % profit a month????

#25     Oct 5, 2005