If you trade for a living in forex mkt, this poll is for you

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Comandatore, Sep 5, 2005.

What is your monthly performance on Forex?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2006.
  1. 0-5% (i ve been trading for living less than 3 yrs)

18 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. 0-5% (i ve been trading for living more than 3 yrs)

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. 10-15% < 3 years

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. 10-15% > 3 years

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. 15-20% < 3 years

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 15-20% > 3 years

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. more than 20% <3 years

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. more than 20% > 3 years

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  9. Annual return +- 20%

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  10. Annual return .....i am losing money,trading for living was my biggest mistake!

9 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. What is your monthly average performance?

Please only members trading for living are kindly requested to participate. This would help a lot of other members understand and perhaps take the decision to make the step and trade the forex market for living.

2. Thank you ...!!

3. Good poll, but you really should have an annual OR a monthly poll. Your question asks monthly, but some of the choices are annual. Unless I read it wrong.

4. Agree that it's a good idea, but the poll categories themselves...

1) 0-5% monthly is a pretty wide range. It covers some of those who haven't found a way to make a living in forex yet, as well as some of those who have. Come to think of it, the majority of all hedge funds and CTAs out there, from the superstars to the bottom quartile dwellers, are included in that range.

2) What happened to 5-10% monthly range?

3) If I understand the penultimate choice correctly -- if one's returns from forex trading have been between -20% and +20% annually, afraid they are not really trading for a living. (Same as the last, "fun" choice.) Or did you mean something else?

4) And, of course, as every other poll on ET, this one can't help but represent, in statistical terms, a 100% self-selected sample. As such, any inference one were to draw from the results would, unfortunately, be seriously flawed.

If anyone is wondering whether forex is "for you", let me quote Henry Ford, who said nearly a century ago:

Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you are probably right.

5. Well Henry Ford quote is true but there is a lot of us out there who would like to have concrete answers of this issue "trade for living"

6. No Yvan your eyes are still good no worry,still interesting to know the results, however participation is still very light..

7. It's light (I think) because the choices are very sketchy. I didn't vote because of that.

8. As much as I'd like to, I am unable to vote, either, for one of the reasons stated above.

9. Yvan & Late apex you are my only 2 known living from trading the other 20, so far... did not think it was sketchy ...anyway should you feel now that we know u trade for living to tell us what kind a return ur making feel free and vote:D

10. "Those who are highly profitable would want to keep a low profile especially if they are trading for themselves.

Those who can't make money trading the markets and would want to 'sell' signals to pay for their grocery bills will boast like madmen."

:confused:

#10     Sep 6, 2005