If you saw this dog coming toward you:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Aug 1, 2010.

Would you shit in your pants if you saw this dog coming at you?

1. Uh, yeeeeah.

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Nah. All dogs are big babies, even this beast

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  3. I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. I don't care.

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. Hello

Hello

My ex's uncle had a mastiff, and the frigging thing could swallow a 16 ounce steak raw in about 5 seconds, those things are like horses, they had to feed it a gallon ice cream pale full of food every day plus they would give it a hunk of whatever kind of meat that were eating for supper, plus whatever other treats it got throughout the day. I would hate to have to do cleanup after one of those things.......

Speaking of them being the size of a horse, a few years ago an NFL player for the Steelers bull mastiff actually got out and killed a horse, just to give people a feeling for how big and strong those things are.

You cant appreciate the true size of those things till you see one in person, when that thing walked into the room for the first time, me and my friend just started laughing uncontrollably, their paws are bigger then my hand, and they are well over waist height with a massive body just standing there on all fours, when they stand on two legs they are probably 6 feet tall. Truth be told though he was an incredibly well behaved dog, one of the nicer dogs i have ever met, but i think guys like that dog whisperer have pretty much proven that a dogs personality is almost soley the fault of the owner, good owner, well mannered dog, bad owner, aggressive/annoying dog.

#11     Aug 1, 2010
  2. The horse is very big compare to this mastiff. Do people run away from the horse?

#12     Aug 1, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

Most horse owners are responsible, it costs alot more to buy and maintain a horse, and thus they tend to be more responsible owners, that is the reason most horses are well behaved, Yes i would definately run away or atleast not approach a completely wild horse.

When you approach these dogs, you are putting your faith in the owner not the dog, so if anything if the guy controlling the mastiff looks like a deadbeat i am running away from the owner not the dog.

Pitbulls get a bad rap time and time again, but the only reason why is because so many gangsters and assholes in general buy them as a sign of power and have no clue how to raise, or discipline an animal. Pitbulls, dobermanns, shepards, Rotties, mastiffs, etc. etc. all can kill a human easily, that is why it is so important if you own one you raise it properly and discipline it from an early age. If you let one of these dogs do whatever they want from the time they are young of course you will have problems with it later once they are fully grown.

Watch that show the dog whisperer some time, he has a pack of like 20 pitbulls and alot of them were dogs which were bread for fighting who he rescued and turned into the nicest most tame dogs ever, it is all about the owner. That guy is not afraid to take a pitbull who wants to maul him, and usually within a couple hours he has the dog totallly acting the way he wants. It is unbelievable.

#13     Aug 1, 2010
  4. That's one big dog, but probably a baby, unless you made him mad. Many moons ago I had Great Dane. A beautiful dog, all black. Went at 165lbs. and when she stood on her back legs, front paws on my shoulders, she was taller than me. I'm 6'5". Nuff said!:eek: But she was friendly as heck. Just a big puppy!

#14     Aug 2, 2010
  5. I head for the next room if I see a dust bunny.:D

#15     Aug 2, 2010
  6. It depends if I am ready for it and if I have the craving for...

[​IMG]

:p

#16     Aug 2, 2010
  7. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.answers.com/topic/dust-bunny

Very scarey! :eek: :D

#17     Aug 2, 2010
  8. Usually, when Kitty and I are outside, owners and their dogs seem to turn around for some reason...

[​IMG]

#18     Aug 2, 2010
  9. Smaller dogs would like to boss around a large dog.

#19     Aug 3, 2010
  10. nitro

nitro

Commando K9!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelo...st-surrounds-dog-who-helped-capture-bin-laden

:cool:

"...Dogs are increasingly important in America's combat operations abroad, and some have been outfitted with special (and adorable) "doggles" to protect their eyes, oxygen masks to protect their lungs as they parachute out with soldiers at high altitudes, and even waterproof vests that contain infrared cameras that transmit video back to servicemen watching a monitor yards behind them. Check out Foreign Policy's beautiful photo essay on military dogs here...."

:eek: :eek:

#20     May 6, 2011