If you never went to college, what's the best job to have now?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by garchbrooks, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Exactly. Every entity that receives and/or spends money needs an accounting staff. It doesn't matter if it's a public, private, for-profit, non-profit, or gov't entity there's an accoutning staff.

Also, when Enron, Worldcom, Lehman and every other bankrupt entity went under: it was the accounting staff that turned out the lights for the last time.

Finally, anybody wanting to go into Law would also benefit from an accounting degree. I would think that only a medical degree partnered with a Law degree would be the only combo that beats Accounting/Law credentials.

#41     Mar 21, 2010
  2. zdreg

zdreg

these skills will prove to be very useful should economic chaos and social unrest envelope the US.

#42     Mar 21, 2010
  3. Well that ain't gonna happen so you might want to set your sights a little bit higher.

#43     Mar 21, 2010
  4. I'll let you detail my stretch Caddy.

Tex Rennick out:cool:

[​IMG]

#44     Mar 21, 2010
  5. .
    TEX DINOCO

[​IMG]

#45     Mar 21, 2010
  6. Ed Breen

Ed Breen

Learn to speak mandarin and then take any job to get work permit or residency in Singapore or Hongkong and see what turns up...go to school there.

#46     Mar 22, 2010
  7. Well, you could do worse than the military, but I'm not talking any old joe-schmoe grunt, though. I'd recommend the Navy Nuclear program. You get 1-2 years of technical training and then serve 4 years on either a sub or a nuclear carrier. Advancement is quicker than many other rates (you basically make E-4 just for making it through the school) and an industrious person could come out with an AA degree, a GI bill to take care of a good chunk of school, no bills, and easily $100k saved up. Also, after going through the program, college will seem fairly tame by comparison. Not sure what the retention rates are now, but I've seen they bumped the bonus up a hefty amount since I was in.

#47     Mar 22, 2010
  8. Most (or all) traffic controllers pay their bills)

Very few daytraders have (even modest) profits at all, in the long run.

#48     Mar 22, 2010
  9. I have an MBA in Finance.

Such a thing will always be in demand.

Whatever education you have...........................you will always have.

Not so much with other things.

#49     Mar 23, 2010
  10. Humpy

Humpy

If you are:-

lazy
    dirty
    spineless
    stupid
    obese
    retarded
    etc.

get a musical instrument and busk around the streets while trading on your mobile

#50     Mar 23, 2010