if you have a holy grail, what would you do when you are too old to trade?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by trend2009, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

According to your incredible stupid idea, there are no profitable traders at brokerages.

#51     Dec 16, 2019
  2. zdreg

zdreg

Real traders die at their desk.

#52     Dec 16, 2019
    TooEffingOld likes this.
  3. Buy a pro sports team and just go to games and stare at the cheerleaders!

Carolina (Tepper)
    [​IMG]

#53     Dec 16, 2019
  4. ETJ

ETJ

Hire a second in command.
    Employment contract where the annual bonus is paid a third a year - so you pay tax on the entire bonus, but two thirds stays with firm and violations forfeit the balance of the bonus. After a few years you are very invested in the firm and you actually begin to see lot's of cash - assuming it is the grail - in the later years.
    NDA and a non-compete which may be less relevant than the bonus deferral
    Depending on the product(s) and the job functions compartmentalize as much as possible.
    It ain't perfect, but this is a similar format to what most of the Chicago Options Partnership use from the 70's to about 2000.
    Change the template anyway that fits your "grail", but nothing is perfect.
    The more "ownership" they have in the firm or partnership - the more investment they have to protect.

#54     Dec 16, 2019
  5. is this what rentec uses to prevent its employees from leaving the company?

#55     Dec 16, 2019
  6. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: You own the team and you are JUST going to stare...I'd violate that thing six ways from Sunday.

#56     Dec 16, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  7. LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHHAHA that's funny:D:D

#57     Dec 16, 2019
  8. ETJ

ETJ

"is this what rentec uses to prevent its employees from leaving the company?"

It's a common practice. Many firms with scale will also create an "employee only" retirement portfolio or give key trade staff some discretionary $$ to trade with a profit split.

#58     Dec 16, 2019
  9. Yeah but remember you're a really old guy and...never mind. Ditch the 40yo wife and get a 20yo cheerleader! :D

#59     Dec 16, 2019
  10. Handle123

Handle123

I don't understand people overall, Now believe that been a Godsend. I have no close relatives, not married yet or if ever, no offspring. I came into this world "naked" and plan on leaving that way. However, have very structured way to give to charities of my choosing where upon they get a percentage every year, the blunt of it will continue to be auto traded of systems already chosen.

Worked too long and hard to give to the carp

#60     Dec 16, 2019
    ironchef, MercForHire and trend2009 like this.