if you have a holy grail, what would you do when you are too old to trade?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by trend2009, Dec 15, 2019.

1. my daughter is addicted to screen but not interested in trading. why did you start 3 funds?

#21     Dec 16, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  2. I suspect this guy will never stop trading:

Aside: is Thailand a legit place to trade from? How are the finances managed? Kept in your home country?

#22     Dec 16, 2019
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

The thing is, there is no holly grail apart from few know sure things:

1) insider trading (illegal but obviously works)
    2) HFT - barrier of entry is huge and profits being cannibalized
    3) SOES bandits - happens long ago, and won’t be repeated.

Even Simons Renaissance is only right 50.875 percent of the time, but of those 50.875 they are 100 percent right.

#23     Dec 16, 2019
  4. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

Obviously. I was asking more along the lines of - if you show them the hole, they close it, they win automatically by having that hole closed. Obviously their gain is now your loss. You don't show anyone the hole. You exploit it indefinitely, they continue to suffer.

Self-sacrifice for the betterment of many vs. personal gain. Do you keep your mouth shut and print money, or possibly help 100's of millions of people?

What do you do?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    #24     Dec 16, 2019
  5. where did you get the data that retec is right 50.875 percent of the time? I highly doubt it. because if their win rate is so low, they can not have so high sharpe ratio.

#25     Dec 16, 2019
  6. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

That guy is such an extreme perma-bear. I doubt he has more than a few bhat left by now.

#26     Dec 16, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  7. everyone will die some day. so if you have 1 year left, the question what to do with your trading holy grail (suppose you really have) still has to be answered.

#27     Dec 16, 2019
    Pekelo likes this.
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

From the book that just came out. Fantastic read. Simons also eventually set down for 10 hour long interview. “The man who solved the market” by Gregory zuckerman

#28     Dec 16, 2019

9. To exploit 3 different ‘edges’ or styles of trading.

#29     Dec 16, 2019
  10. i have the book, not finished yet. but i read a few reviews of the book, no one mentioned their win rate is only 51%. I am still highly doubtful. I have impression from years ago their win rate is around 70%.

#30     Dec 16, 2019