If You Hate the MSM, You Might Enjoy This

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wjk, Sep 27, 2013.

1. wjk

wjk

http://www.theguardian.com/media/media-blog/2013/sep/27/seymour-hersh-obama-nsa-american-media

"Seymour Hersh on Obama, NSA and the 'pathetic' American media".

Pulitzer Prize winner explains how to fix journalism, saying press should 'fire 90% of editors and promote ones you can't control'.

A few teasers below from the story: Enjoy. I know I did. [​IMG]

"...Don't even get him started on the New York Times which, he says, spends "so much more time carrying water for Obama than I ever thought they would"...

..."The Obama administration lies systematically, he claims, yet none of the leviathans of American media, the TV networks or big print titles, challenge him."...

...""The republic's in trouble, we lie about everything, lying has become the staple." And he implores journalists to do something about it"...

2. Ricter

Ricter

The Guardian IS mainstream media. So since I "hate the MSM" I cannot in good conscience follow your link. ; )

3. wjk

wjk

[​IMG] Hmmmm.

I see your point, but I must disagree. I have concluded that the Guardian reports all the stuff the US MSM fails to carry, thus eliminating them from the MSM in general. In other words, they are real journalists. [​IMG] That should qualify them for you to read the article if you hate the MSM. If that doesn't peak your interest, the fact that Seymour Hersh a left wing journalist should.

(I don't believe you hate the MSM, so if they aren't the MSM as I have concluded, that would be a better reason for you not to read the article, no?) [​IMG]

Or you could just ignore your conscience...or not. :)

Either way, have a good weekend Ricter. I'm out!

4. jem

jem

This is what the sane people have been saying and explaining for years. The fact it too this long for hersh to say anything shows bias.

Lets wait until after the election and this administration is so lacking in brain power that the leftist house of cards might implode before a republican gets in office.

So lets blame obama and the corrupt media instead of bankrupt ideas.

its the leftist ideas which are so damaging and dangerous.
    it did not matter that obama is incompetent, no one of the left could have done it... but the msm was ready to back anyone will to try.... even lie for them.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

THIS

6. jem

jem

From the article...

1. I note he says the whole administration story is b.s.
    we told you here obama was holding back the seals with Jarrett... that is why they had time to build the practice facility.

2. here is how the article ends.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/me...-american-media

"I would close down the news bureaus of the networks and let's start all over, tabula rasa. The majors, NBCs, ABCs, they won't like this – just do something different, do something that gets people mad at you, that's what we're supposed to be doing," he says.

Hersh is currently on a break from reporting, working on a book which undoubtedly will make for uncomfortable reading for both Bush and Obama.

"The republic's in trouble, we lie about everything, lying has become the staple." And he implores journalists to do something about it.

7. Ricter

Ricter

Of course, you like what they're saying (this time).

You have a good weekend, too. : )

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm convinced you're just here to troll, Ricter. You've decided to take AK's place as the forum's greatest troll, haven't you?

9. He was trolling LONG before AK left.

I think the drinking is a vice to cope with all of the lies.

10. of what value is this post ?

edit : i apologize . . . i just saw the name of the poster.:D.

#10     Sep 28, 2013