If you had to start all over again what would you do different?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Nolly, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Nolly

Nolly

Hello,

As a newcomer to these forums who has recently decided to start studying futures trading seriously, I am amazed by the huge amount of information available on just about every conceivable trading topic whether it be in forum posts, books, videos, audios, home study courses, expensive seminars, mentoring programs or live trading rooms. Browsing through this forum alone has opened my eyes to so many things I didn't even know existed or were possible in trading and I haven't even read 1% of what's on here.

Faced with this many possibilities trying to work out which areas to start studying and how much time to devote to each area is proving to be a very difficult process indeed.

So rather then take a guess and hope I'm right - and seeing that I have read many great posts on this forum - I thought I might ask a question to those of you who are already happily trading for a living.

And my question is: Knowing what you know now... if you had to learn to trade all over again which topics would you focus on learning first? And how much time would you spend on each area (following the charts, tape reading, market internals, TA & indicators, studying educational materials, psychology/controlling your emotions, money/risk management, system development & backtesting ideas, etc. etc.)?

Any thoughts on this would be muchly appreciated.