If you had to do it all over again....

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jun 1, 2006.

1. BertH

BertH

or, maybe we (I, at least) are not following well enough.

#51     Jun 13, 2006
  2. I think you're quite right. Keep spending time, testing the markets and following through!

Don't forget to tell us your outstanding results one day. :)

#52     Jun 14, 2006
  3. i've always respected acrary's work and wisdom but i have to disagree w/ him here. suddenly he realized that all his hard work didn't give him the definite edge he expected. but edge can also come in experience. without countless hours of observing/studying the market, would he have come up w/ those strategies/recognitions that quickly? ... and knowing that they have a positive expectancy, are tradable, etc...

it's akin to saying that i didn't get to apply all the math/chemistry knowledge i learned in hi school in real life... :)

however, this can serve as a reminder for those who are consummed in automatic trading, technical analysis, etc.. there's an "art" aspect in trading that one has to respect and enjoy in order to be successful...

pom

#53     Jun 14, 2006
  4. ecritt

ecritt

I think what acrary is saying is that he entered the game with some preconceived notions and built a foundation to support them. Then constructed a model upon this foundation with arbitrarily forced measures (1 day, 2 days, etc.). He needed to be right in his assumptions for this elegant, but brittle framework to function effectively.

He now feels that he was not right in his initial assumptions and that a more ductile framework with less moving parts would have been much more effective, those less elegant in theory.

ecritt

#54     Jun 14, 2006
  5. Adobian

Adobian

I am not referring to anybody's statement here, but according to my experience, money management (strategic planning) helps me more than techniques (tactical details) .

#55     Jun 14, 2006
  6. BertH

BertH

Kinda thought that would cause at least a bit of annoyance. :)
    I just meant maybe I at least wasn't grasping exactly what he was trying to convey. Hey, it's happened before!

Will admit after reading what I have from him, there are elements that are pretty confusing.

#56     Jun 14, 2006
  7. tireg

tireg

Acrary's method is what worked for him, since it suited his personality/mentality. The thing I admire most about his systems is the consistency he achieved. I look to set something similar up. However, I wouldn't get all caught up in trying to interperet his words. I'd focus less on what works for someone else and more on what works for me, while incorporating the strengths of each system.

#57     Jun 14, 2006
  8. #58     Jun 15, 2006
  9. Actually it is a good idea to read carefully and try to understand what ac was trying to express here. He helped me a lot in the beginning and opened doors for me. I would like to think that I have returned a favor and he learned something from me also. Good stuff.

#59     Jun 17, 2006
  10. ============
    Acrary is a clear communicator and i percieve you understand more about the markets than the word predict.

My perception of the meaning of some words doesnt always match the reality of Websters dictionary either.

:cool:

#60     Jun 17, 2006