If you had to do it all over again....

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jun 1, 2006.

1. i agree - growth is the name of the game.

you need:
    -experience(2 years in the instrument you trade)
    -leverage
    -more then 10K USD equity

good luck playas.

:cool:

kk

#21     Jun 8, 2006
  2. acrary

acrary

Lets say a market has two primary characteristics; trend and bounce off support/resistance on a daytrading basis. The market opens and starts to drop. You enter a short following the trend. The market goes down to a support level, stalls and starts to reverse. The support model kicks in a long trade. Meanwhile the trend model is far enough ahead that the stop is moved to breakeven. The market continues up and ends the day near a old high (resistance). In this case you brokeven on the trend trade by using common trade management. The bounce trade made a good profit. No bias was taken because you would've made money if the market blew through support and the bounce trade was stopped out. That's all I'm saying.

#22     Jun 8, 2006
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

I would have pushed harder during the bubble and not buy any dips during the implosion... :D

#23     Jun 8, 2006
  4. cubano - good luck to your heat.

antoher mantra - protect your capital.

#24     Jun 8, 2006
  5. My prediction is that the above prediction cannot be easily predictable. :)

#25     Jun 8, 2006
  6. acrary

acrary

I predict this is my last post on ET forever. Moving into my wife's fantasy compound next week. I have other plans than the internet after today. Acrary....signing off.

#26     Jun 8, 2006
  7. Therefore markets arepredictable, forecastable and somewhat symmetrical.

#27     Jun 8, 2006
  8. Here is a newbie's dream:

If I had to do it all over again.... I would keep all the profitable trades, and fade all the losing ones. :cool:

#28     Jun 8, 2006

9. Simple,

Skip college, trade from 1998-2000, get into RE and retire.

Then maybe go get my degree for the hell of it or just to live the college life and party like mad.

Too bad my timing was completely off.

#29     Jun 8, 2006
  10. Did you use any TA? What indicators you used?

#30     Jun 8, 2006