If you had one book by your bedside.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by skyriderfox, Dec 31, 2007.

1. bt116

bt116

I've just finished "High Probability Trading," by Marcel Link and I think it might be a decent candidate

Im a huge fan of this book. The 1st few chapters are 100% psychology and really remind you to take a step back and think before you put on a trade.

Although I think if I were limited to 1 book it would probably be Natenburg.

#31     Dec 31, 2007
  2. Jesus was a great trader.. took a whip to the money changers and the church has cleaned up ever since

#32     Dec 31, 2007
  3. jwecme

jwecme

I use my Bible when trading when i need to throw something heavy at the screen in frustration.

When I am not trading I use it as a door stop and to help stop furniture from wobbling . Anyone who thinks the bible does not have its uses in the modern world has no clue I have just listed 3 uses right there!

#33     Dec 31, 2007
  4. Arnie

Arnie

And it came unto pass that the MACD did cross the nothingness line into the great unknown

And he didith enter unto the long trade unbeknownst to him that his stop would be hittith and then bounceth unto new highs

And the lord said "Let it be known, you are a wanker!":D

PS Joab, no offense, but I just couldn't resist

#34     Dec 31, 2007
  5. Joab

Joab

You guys/gals are hilarious !!!

I needed a good laugh today and a Happy New Year to you all. :D :D :D

#35     Dec 31, 2007
  6. toc

toc

TASC

#36     Dec 31, 2007
  7. Don't see how this has anything to do with psychology.

I will move this thread.

#37     Dec 31, 2007
  8. 9999

#38     Dec 31, 2007
  9. LT701

LT701

actually, Book of Sirach, in the Catholic version of the Bible is the best book ever written for life in the business world:

from 13

1 He who touches pitch blackens his hand; he who associates with an impious man learns his ways.
    Bear no burden too heavy for you; go with no one greater or wealthier than yourself. How can the earthen pot go with the metal cauldron? When they knock together, the pot will be smashed:
    The rich man does wrong and boasts of it, the poor man is wronged and begs forgiveness.
    As long as the rich man can use you he will enslave you, but when you are exhausted, he will abandon you.
    As long as you have anything he will speak fair words to you, and with smiles he will win your confidence;
    When he needs something from you he will cajole you, then without regret he will impoverish you.
    While it serves his purpose he will beguile you, then twice or three times he will terrify you; When later he sees you he will pass you by, and shake his head over you.

interesting quotes on immigration from 11

Bring not every man into your house, for many are the snares of the crafty one;
    Though he seem like a bird confined in a cage, yet like a spy he will pick out the weak spots.
    The talebearer turns good into evil; with a spark he sets many coals afire.
    The evil man lies in wait for blood, and plots against your choicest possessions.
    Avoid a wicked man, for he breeds only evil, lest you incur a lasting stain.
    Lodge a stranger with you, and he will subvert your course, and make a stranger of you to your own household.

http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/bible/sirach/sirach11.htm

#39     Dec 31, 2007
  10. art of war

#40     Dec 31, 2007