If you had one book by your bedside.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by skyriderfox, Dec 31, 2007.

1. cgar

cgar

I don,t have the time or desire to do that. However, I can assure you most of the listings are not instructions of things to do but of things not to do.

As for out of context, what did Jesus say. Somthing like eat of my body drink of my blood. Do you think he was asking to be eaten by his friends?

That is all I am saying.You are not being clever.

I am not telling someone to read or not read the Bible. If you want to make your case more convincing you need to do better than that.

I am done. Carry on with your argument if you wish.

#21     Dec 31, 2007
  2. Trading in the zone is the bible

#22     Dec 31, 2007
  3. No, I didn't think that you did. Most people like you suddenly become too busy to delve into such trivialities. I guess you're more of a "big picture" guy with important things to do.

Oh, and here's a bit more context for you, with the complete and relevant text as it relates to the essentials of stoning:

http://mutazilah.org/stoning.htm

#23     Dec 31, 2007
  4. hcour

hcour Guest

Indeed they do and they may even be right. And there may also be a great, successful trader out there who worships and is inspired by a God that lives deep in a penquin's ass somewhere in the vast Antarctic. So what? It's laughable that you can even pretend to defend jamus's ridiculous reply to the OP's request for "one trading/stocks/futures/investing book" as a something other than his misguided and offensive attempt at witnessing.

Read the OP's request again, you obviously missed it the first time around. This is a trading forum, guys.

H

#24     Dec 31, 2007
  5. jdkgroup

jdkgroup

Im reading right now...."technical analysis"...by kirkpatrick & dahlquist............seems to be the best written & thought out book on TA that I have read......2 thumbs up for sure

also trading in the zone!!

#25     Dec 31, 2007
  6. Agree with the point you made and how religion can be useful to some traders.

Simply, my best books that helps with my trading aren't about trading itself.

What's useful to some may be of no use to others.

However, if I had all the different types of books at my bedside (as in on a desk)...

I would need a very large desk that could support about +100 books (business, sports, religion, psychology, stress, computers, marital relationships et cetera).

They all had some sort'uv positive impact on my trading...

Arguably more useful than my trading related books.

Basically, any book that helps me prepare for the psychological aspects of trading and/or treating my trading like a business...

It's useful even if there's only a few useful pages out of the entire book.

Thus, I don't have one book.

Therefore, the if you had one book by your bedside is not realistic for me because its a combination of many different books. :cool:

Mark

#26     Dec 31, 2007
  7. jesusnz

jesusnz

Matthew 13:10-15

And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
    And seeing you will see and not perceive;
    For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
    Their ears are hard of hearing,
    And their eyes they have closed,
    Lest they should see with their eyes
    and hear with their ears,
    Lest they should understand with their hearts
    and turn,
    So that I should heal them.’

By far the best trading book there is...

#27     Dec 31, 2007
  8. When someone needs to be a coward and create a new alias (jesusnz created around 1105am est and first post around 1117am est) to preach religion...

Time for me to say goodbye to this thread and for the moderators to move this thread to chit chat.

Take care all and a Happy New Year 2008.

Mark

#28     Dec 31, 2007
  9. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Let's skip the Jesus crap and get back to trading.

#29     Dec 31, 2007
  10. The Economist!

#30     Dec 31, 2007