If you had billions what would you buy ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Humpy, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Just supposing your rich uncle Warren left you umpteen billions what would you do with it all ?
    Wild weekends in your new multi million dollar Californian home on a 100 acre estate ?
    Or be more cautious and invest it ?
    We can dream of it for free so don't hold back and let us know..................

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Money is boring -- once you reach a certain, relatively small, amount where all your basic needs and wants have been met o_O :rolleyes:
    Beyond this point, money becomes just a silly scorecard for the insecure or ultra competitive.

If I ever got really rich...nothing would change, that, much for me,
    I wouldn't necessarily buy an island or expensive art or a helicopter -- and typical stuff like that,

Funny coincidence of this thread topic...I just watched this last night:

PBS Frontline Betting On The Lottery

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  3. Humpy

Humpy

I wouldn't spend it on lottery tickets. The chances of winning are just too small.
    I would invest it in a money making project.
    I would love to tell you all but someone else might do it.
    Have you heard of those guys on Oak Island in Nova Scotia digging in the money pit ?
    See videos of the Oak Island mystery on U tube.
    It's something on those sort of lines.
    Adventure and the possibility of recovering a fortune.

4. Max E.

Max E.

Cuddles, vanzandt and lawrence-lugar like this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

hahhahahah
    He said a Billion... not a Million.

Max E. likes this.
  6. I'd buy 2/3 of Congress

7. JamesL

JamesL

Somebody already beat you to it.

8. Humpy

Humpy

9. Buy 'safe' gov bonds. Get a solid fixed income that guarantees your survival and maintaining quality of life in a worst case scenario you were to lose all your money.

Set cash safety net aside also. Buy some gold and physical hard assets as backup.

Then I'd be like uncle carl. Dun like a guy, I buy the stock they short. Short the stock they buy. Company over charges for cable and I change to another carrier and short its stock. Anybody else? Piss me off, I short the stock. Gimme a good deal or good customer service and I buy it's stock. Life is simple. Eat steak and lobster. Go to bed. Wake up. Short some more stock. Live happy.

10. prc117f

prc117f

I would be a beach bum living in my waterfront home at Sanibel Island. I am not big into all that bling bullshit or trying to impress assholes. Just a nice quiet low key antisocial life.

#10     Mar 26, 2017
    DallasCowboysFan and Cuddles like this.