If you go into Cash where do you guys put it?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by BA736, Oct 20, 2007.

1. US treasury. in the past 27 years, the USA has been on negative just for 6 quarters. And the historic peformance of USA economy has been phenomenal.

There's no need for panic. we have a lot of problems, But nothing out of normal (historically).

In the 1930's and 40's our deficit was like 110% our GDP, during the 70' gold price was about 1,200 on today terms and Oil was trading around 100'. But the USA and the world survive.

In today's world, I think that the USA is the best and safest place to put my money.

My father have a small managment firm, And i pay him a visit today (sunday), and the parking lot was full of cars, people working like mad, making money and fighting for their business. I realize that is very hard to beat a country like this and with that attitude over the long run.. you wont see too many europeans working on sundays anyway.

But to diversified some of my assets (like 15%) And invest in some euro funds, and buy/hold some chinese stocks, like petrochina.

:cool:

#31     Oct 22, 2007
  2. #32     Oct 22, 2007
  3. found better deal :)
    savingsaccount at deutsche bank (in euros) yielding 4.5%

#33     Oct 31, 2007
  4. angelina

angelina

I thought that maybe this article would help to relieve some of your fears about money market funds.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/27/pf/expert/expert_tuesday.moneymag/index.htm?postversion=2007082818

#34     Nov 1, 2007
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

I'm glad that author can sleep at night with his money exposed to subprime. Some of his points seem comforting on the surface, but when you start thinking about them, they really don't mean much. For example, it is a known fact that S&P and Moody's have been negligent in their ratings of these ABCPs. When they start marking this crap to reality, there goes your "95 percent of their assets in securities that get the highest rating from ratings companies" qualification. Also, just because in the past money market funds have never failed doesn't mean in the future they won't. I guess if you are good at holding your nose and hoping the stink passes by, then by all means, keep your money in money market funds with subprime exposure.

#35     Nov 1, 2007