'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits'

Discussion in 'Economics' started by BigCandle, Jan 8, 2012.

1. +1

Please note that the article is total junk and was already classified as a hoax back in 2005.

Just one of the many links that explain it:
    http://xrlq.com/2005/01/31/unemployed-german-prostitutes/

#21     Jan 8, 2012
  2. So we used to treat people we disapproved of violently, now we try to rehabilitate them? Sounds like progress to me.

100 years ago if a bum (as they were then called) suggested that every working man ought to be compelled to give a tithe for the benefit of bums generally, and be threatened with violence if they did not comply, said bum would have been given short shrift. The deserving poor were not allowed to starve to death either: private charities, fraternal organisations, and religious orders gave assistance to the needy, by voluntary consent.

Better to trust the community (private charity) to distinguish between the genuinely needy and the work-shy than to call it an entitlement and put distribution in the hands of a disinterested bureaucracy with no incentive to root out waste and abuse.

#22     Jan 8, 2012
  3. #23     Jan 8, 2012
  4. richie90

richie90

DONE already ... craigslst ... :)

#24     Jan 8, 2012
  5. No, not again. Last time I responded to an ad on craiglist and ended up in a house with Chris Hansen asking me what I was doing there, not to mention those cops waiting for me outside the house....

#25     Jan 8, 2012
  6. do you mean its more responsible to have sex for money then more moral? on the morals end you would fail. its not moral for society to force sex on someone. its not moral for someone to have sex for money. you have the morals of a pimp my friend.

#26     Jan 8, 2012
  7. BigCandle,

prostitution should be legal for anyone who is free and willing to do it.

With the excuse of morality, the bible and the greater good religion raped, stole land, money, enslaved and killed entire populations.

Some men want to buy sex and some women want to sell their body to the highest bidder. If they want to do so they should. What people do in the privacy of their bedroom is their business.

#27     Jan 8, 2012
  8. ammo

ammo

#28     Jan 8, 2012
  9. your right but thread was not about that

#29     Jan 8, 2012
  10. #30     Jan 9, 2012