'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits'

Discussion in 'Economics' started by BigCandle, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Prostitution was legalised in Germany just over two years ago and brothel owners – who must pay tax and employee health insurance – were granted access to official databases of jobseekers.

Under Germany's welfare reforms, any woman under 55 who has been out of work for more than a year can be forced to take an available job – including in the sex industry – or lose her unemployment benefit

A 25-year-old waitress who turned down a job providing "sexual services'' at a brothel in Berlin faces possible cuts to her unemployment benefit under laws introduced this year.

Before you think YEE HAW another hooker for me to play with, consider if this was your daughter or sister.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-a-prostitute-we-can-stop-your-benefits.html

2. Before you celebrate and say how we got it so much better in USA

See this

buying "Drano" cleaning product now requires ID

Under a new state law, retailers are now required to keep a registry of people who purchase items that contain certain chemicals, such as sulfuric acid and ammonia water. The legislation was initiated after two attacks on Chicago women who were badly scarred after having acid poured on them, according to the Illinois Retail Merchants Association.

The law, which went into effect Sunday, requires customers who purchase products with a label that reads “causes severe burns” to present retailers with a photo ID. That includes items such as drain cleaners and pool chemicals.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2012/01/04/cleaning-product-purchases-now-require-id/a5zylyk/

3. What we need is scroungers who can do a job off the government tit. Working an honest trade as a sex worker is more moral than accepting handouts which are confiscated from their rightful owners by force.

People who don't want to spread for a living can find another job. Either way, better than bleeding the rest of us dry for doing nothing. Benefits are meant for the truly helpless, not those who refuse honest work however humble.

4. SIR

I don't know what kind of house you grew up in and if you are posting from Jail Library or what your moral values are.

But in my family becoming a whore is not an option.

People like you have turned entire US into a whore with laws that destroy family values, from education to government tit sucking.

Buy yourself a Bible or give me address to mail you one for free and start reading before it's too late........for you.

5. lol ... you need a team of psychiatrists. It's one thing for a society to recognize that prostitution will always be with us so we should not marginalize those that do it but it is a whole different kettle of fish to think that a woman who may be willing to wash pots or clean toilets to stay off unemployment is somehow required to put aside whatever inhibitions (moral, religious etc.) she may have and as you so delicately put it "spread for a living" is somehow bleeding society.

Get some help. Tell the doctors that you are not now functioning as a human being but would like their help in getting there. In the meantime please shut up.

6. A lesson in English Comprehension may assist you. A woman who is washing pots or cleaning toilets for a living is not in unemployment and is therefore not being "forced into prostitution". A woman who refuses to perform any work, be it dishwasing, toilet cleaning, or prostitution, should not be entitled to any government aid.

What about a thief? People who are able to work but choose instead to receive unemployment handouts are thiefs. The fact that they have coopted the biggest bully in the playground to do their dirty work does not change the morality of the transaction - they are taking wealth from those who earned it by force. I would much rather people in need of money did honest work rather than, as you would say, engage in "government tit sucking". If honest work is not available for them, then perhaps prostitution is an alternative to starvation. The world does not owe anyone a living.

Perhaps I could do this for free at the expense of the taxpayer? Perhaps we can cut out the middleman - would you agree to pay my doctor bills?

If I remember my Bible study correctly, Christians were warned to avoid judging others as this is the role of God not the role of man. Perhaps read again the Book of John. (specifically chapters 6 and 8)

Also remember "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Eph. 2)

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What may be honest work for you may not be honest work for others. And it's understandable why prostitution would not be honest work for most people. There's a reason why every society looks down on prostitution regardless of it being legal or not there.

The article is a little sensational. They basically say that some job centre's allow brothels, other's don't and the government is having trouble distinguishing between bars (being a waitress or cleaning dishes) to brothels.

8. Honest work for me is a bargain struck by free consent of all parties and without violating the rights of others. There is plenty of work to go around if one does not wish to work in a brothel. Jobseekers should be encouraged to take the first available job whatever it may be in order that they may support themselves and not choose to be an unnecessary burden on others. It is down to the individual to make the most of the opportunities so that work they find distasteful or immoral is not necessary. In a country such as Germany there is enough work to go around.

9. stu

stu

Read the Bible for family or moral values!?... you must be joking.

Deuteronomy 22
    21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.

#10     Jan 8, 2012