If you don't primarily use price/fundamentals/news to trade, what do you use?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mr_You, Oct 15, 2012.

1. MTRIG

MTRIG

Price, Volume, Chart Patterns, and break out trades.

#31     Oct 22, 2012
  2. bone

bone

I have seen both T/A and fundamental analysis used quite badly. And it can be very difficult to correctly interpret how markets will react to a news release - how often does the market do the opposite of what "conventional wisdom" dictates ?

Whatever you do, do it correctly and become consistent.

#32     Oct 22, 2012
  3. The market continually operates orthogonally to the "conventional Wisdom (CW).

A broken clock is correct twice a day.

#33     Oct 23, 2012
  4. marketsurfer, emg and Jack H. should join and start a hedge fund.

With their sophisticated market knowledge combined, it will be only be a matter of time until they own the world.

:D

#34     Oct 23, 2012
  5. My view is to have nice places that are not approachable by others whom I do not wish to see.

you can have the world; its broken.

My view is that I want academics to use my locations when I am absent. They can do research (and inform others) from places that are without flaw. They get 2/3 of every year.

#35     Oct 23, 2012
  6. j1900q

j1900q

you won't find answers here.

The answer is to watch the market and learn.
    Next remember scared money never wins, learn not to be scared. If you don't have the money to trade you are doomed before you start. Trade small until you are consistant. When you lose 4% of your account, stop trading and try to see what you are doing wrong. Paper trading is worthless, don't even bother with it. Whatever you do, don't listen to others, hell they are not going to give away the goose that lays the golden egg.

#36     Oct 23, 2012
  7. I'm not listening to you. I'm closing my ears as we speak. Stop talking to me, you are never going to lead me to goose that lays the golden eggs. That's why I like paper trading. I wish they had invented that back when I started out.

I mean it, don't say another word. Because I don't listen to others (based on advice I got from some guy on the internet.)

#37     Oct 23, 2012