If you don't primarily use price/fundamentals/news to trade, what do you use?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mr_You, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Paddler

Paddler

No. No. No. How?

#21     Oct 17, 2012
  2. I buy low volatility.

#22     Oct 17, 2012
  3. If you look at how orders work in markets, you will find that the minority controls the market for each price change according to the given market granularity.

When you look at the "book" part of the market, you will find the big orders prevent the market from moving while they are still in place.

So this puts on the table the "games" that are played by the people who are able to play the games.

While the games are always in the picture of the market unfolding, the actual objective is to make money.

On the other hand, people who are significant, with regard to their positions, have to concentrate on how to preserve their capital.

Now you know that your statement is true. Participants are price drivers.

See if you can reason about where to look to see the participants "participate". Then you can find out that marketsurfer is out of the picture and is a know nothing.

#23     Oct 17, 2012
  4. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from jack hershey:
    If you see something on the T&S, do you know what that price driver means on the DOM? Do you know what orders you saw added are going to be pulled? Do you know how to subtract those orders before they are pulled?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. No. No. How?

The response:

A person can connect the #'s on T&S and the #'s on the DOM.

The addition information on the DOM, then, becomes available.

If you know this information, then, you know the size of the traders who are adding and pulling orders on the DOM.

Price moves tick after tick in a direction that is dominant or non dominat depending on the particular move in the traded trend on the trading fractal.

Things are happening on all trading fractal trends:

1. Retraces are most important when making money.

2. Bar volatility can vary

2. Other events are beginnings and ends of trends.

By keeping track of traders who are participating in continuing to make money in trends, you can see how the better traders keep themselves near the front of each price queque and at the same time do not get taken out early before the end of a trend occurs either through a failure to break out or just a temporary retrace.

One hazard on some platforms is the assignment of background colors. If the color is assigned to a specific bid or ask standard name, you will have more difficulty. If colors are rotated through the price series then it is easier. How you handle the statioarity of the DOM ladder is important as well. Keeping a volume profile up or using aspects of the daily range (color coded) will help.

Active large traders, show more obviously on the minority side. Price advances/declines tick by tick on the minority side. This side is dominant twice in the ongoing trading trend. When you see the second move of a trend begin, the minority switches to the other side of the ladder for a small period of time; this is the retrace of the trading trend.

Then you see that the minority returns to the original side of the trend.

I just stated the questions to ask yourself as you observe the unfurling of the market.

There is this large amount of participants who are left in thee lurch vis a vis their orders. I call these "popular" spots on the ladder of the DOM "walls". The flow in the T&S is not large enough to "eat up" these spots when the Best Bid/BestAsk gets to them. This is where the full offer of the market for a trading fractal trend comes to an end and IS NOT a retrace.

I suppose, as usual, my post does not make much sense to most. I have heard from some people who reread my posts later that they do make sense when the time comes for them to make sense.

here my questions got No answers. Maybe that will not change at this time. But, at least, the word "how" was posted.

If the OP asks a question, he has a reason. In this case he wants to improve his performance, technical or discretionary.

Technical ways of adding to performance are always clear, concise and crisp; coding is stated and the solution is available.

Winning by "knowing that you know" by offering (or showing the use of) principles could be called discretionary. Learning to trade to take the full offer of the market, often involves elminating discretionary habits and being able to ignore mistaken principles.

#24     Oct 17, 2012
  5. Paddler

Paddler

This is what I need.

It is impossible for virtually any person to make sense on your posts prior to already making money with your method.

Thank you for the response.

#25     Oct 17, 2012
  6. In all seriousness, your last post, I actually understood (I think) what you were saying.

#26     Oct 17, 2012
  7. contra

contra

I trade FX and use fundies/news and PA/tech and it works just fine in this day and age.

I also watch equities/stocks I would do the same thing there, though def. with options as well.

The key lies somewhere in between for me and it's not easy work as you have to stay on top of what's driving markets and put shit in context. You don't need higher maths lolz... just some basic math. I'd say your time is better spent reading on how the particular market you're trading works, and know it well... along with price action mixed with a little behavioral science.

You have to watch markets for awhile for sure, at least I did, hardcore. Doesn't come overnight, gotta pay your dues.

peace out

#27     Oct 18, 2012
  8. I sell high volatility

#28     Oct 18, 2012

9. Much better.

You are welcome.

#29     Oct 18, 2012
  10. Paddler

Paddler

:p Much better.

#30     Oct 19, 2012