If you don't like the Bailout, then do something

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by trendy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. purple

purple

When the ailing Asian markets get somewhat bailed out by the IMF. The others will cry foul and then the real chase for who is going to be the next big thing will topple the rest of the current markets. Americans are waiting to see wh is the next here. But the real game has yet to start.
    Better grab on to all you have with both hands its going to be a real crazy ride between now and Jan.1, 2009
    Nothing will shake investors as bad as a new president.
    With consumer confidence down the holidays are going to be just another shock to the market.
    Put something in a sock drawer- your going to need something to eat later.

#31     Sep 22, 2008
  2. G-Boa

G-Boa

Ok, how about the ailing Middle East banks?? Perhaps there IS a reason why Dubai is on the face of the map afterall....to greet and welcome the onslaught of i-bankers from NYC.

Just speculating....

#32     Sep 22, 2008
  3. Cesko

Cesko

Few private, independent and competing legal tenders (ala Hayek) operating in the U.S.. The problem of this magnitude could never happen. And Washington could go to fuck itself.

#33     Sep 22, 2008
  4. Yes, we must all step up and do something. Being a team player I would like to throw my hat in the ring for those being considered to run one of these banks/investment firms/mortgage company, etc.
    If what I read is true I am more qualified than the overwhelming majority of those who have previously held the positions, and I hear the pay for failure would be 400K annually. Who can say no a deal like that?
    My qualifications:
    A. My check book is balanced.
    B. My monthly debt does not exceed my income.
    C.I don't borrow money to pay back loans.
    D. This is where I really shine...I am smart enough to know that,(think Sam Kinison rant), you don't loan money to people THAT DON'T HAVE A FUCKING JOB!!
    Where do I apply?

#34     Sep 22, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

That' wasn't MY mouth pal. Just stating what Rogers did.

You gotta pick your battles. Nobody is going to win this one unless we get 100 Million citizens on the same page...

Leaving is 100x more likely to end up favorably than trying to change the system... until there are enough onboard with the idea... and interestingly, my wife is FINALLY starting to consider our leaving.

#35     Sep 22, 2008
  6. Joab

Joab

Gnome,

I completely disagree.

Americans are still activists BUT things are going to need to get worse before they march anywhere.

Take away their SUV's, ipods, and blackberries and watch them get off their asses and move.

A good dose of a bad recession is all that is needed.

#36     Sep 23, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

I'm afraid there won't be any "proactive demonstrating"... actually already too late for that. No marching until enough of us understand.

We'll see. "Big Recession" is a bad moon rising.

#37     Sep 23, 2008