If you don't have laptop, when traveling around countries? How to run Trading apps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TradeTune, Jun 30, 2020.

1. JSOP

JSOP

You can download trading apps onto your cellphone and trade from your cellphone. Pretty much all of the brokers today offer mobile versions of their trading platform. You can also connect to IB's server from pretty much anywhere in the world from a computer either from internet cafes or borrowed from somebody. IB offers SSL login now so it reduces the security risk somewhat. There is also the old-fashioned phone call method to call your broker to place a trade over a good old phone from wherever you are. There are so many ways.

#21     Jul 1, 2020
  2. Many internet cafe's have keyloggers. So, if you are stubborn to not want to bring your own small netbook or laptop, you better get your 2FA enabled.

#22     Jul 1, 2020
  3. - I want to create strategies in IB+TS ...Mobile option is out the window.
    - Public computers won't allow App downloads .... Internet cafe is out of the window.

Seems few understood my Question and thanks to them for suggestions.
    Sorry, But i don't know how to phrase my question in more simple English.

#23     Jul 1, 2020
  4. i'm not trading at moment, and my account has very small funds and i will change my Credential and setting later

#24     Jul 1, 2020
  5. heispark

heispark

iPhone, iPad, Macbook, ... If you cannot afford any one of them, you are not a serious trader I believe.....

#25     Jul 1, 2020
  6. I have a laptop already, why i need to buy again apple products again

#26     Jul 1, 2020
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Run it on your desktop and use GoToMyPC to log into your desktop. That’s what I do.

#27     Jul 1, 2020
  8. JSOP

JSOP

I also suggested borrowing a computer from somebody, not just internet cafes and run TWS from there. You can also rent a computer and run TWS on there. You can connect to TWS from anywhere in the world. You don't really have to connect to your own home and access TWS that's on your home computer. It's a little strange though that you have a laptop but just doesn't want to use it when travelling when the whole idea of having a laptop is being able to bring it around with you when travelling. Anyway to each its own.

#28     Jul 1, 2020
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  9. I am traveling from middleeast to country of Laos, where a person earn $150/month and accodmation no security for $1500 laptop. Also i will be moving around the nature by walk and motorbike.

It would be stupid to have a laptop with me. i assume most people here haven't traveled 100 miles from where they were born.

#29     Jul 1, 2020
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It seems like there's a misunderstanding with your question based upon how you phrased it.

You're not looking for a laptop because you already have one. You're not looking to use a trading app on an android nor iOs.

The part of your question is HOW to run a trading apps but it now seems like your asking about creating an automated trading system in IB or Tradestation and then running in as a mobile app.

Yet, its just odd as someone stated when you have a laptop but you do not want to use it while travelling or odd you don't want to remotely connect to your laptop that's at your home while you're moving from country to country.

Maybe the issue is only about CREATING strategies in a app ?

If that's the case, why not just say what device you plan to use ?

That's the info that was needed.

What you're talking about doing is not recommended for just trading purposes and even if you did it...you're talking about a very expensive cost that may also make you a target or allow others in that country to think you're doing more than just trading...you're trying to conceal something else that you're doing.

Good luck with that.

Recommendation - Do not do it while travelling like that. Just wait to trade when you return home.

P.S. I'm ex military and I have friends currently still in the military and about to retire. A few of them tried to do something similar while moving around like that on their time away from the base...

Not recommended. I tell them to not trade until when they will soon be out of the military (as in retired) and back in the U.S., France or South Korea.

What the fuck are you really trying to do ? Obviously you're not going to answer that. :sneaky:

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    #30     Jul 1, 2020
    DallasCowboysFan and JSOP like this.