If you didnt make money today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dafishman, Jun 15, 2006.

1. I have been trading currencies/commodities for 14 yrs pal.....seen napoleons like you come and go..little mans complex...

I dont mean to rain on your once a year parade.....lets all give dadoucheman his 15 min of fame.....then we will have a moment of silence for your soon to be empty trading account...

bitch slap me huh....I trade in The CME building...

please god tell me this idiot lives in Chicago......wanna see this little guy back up his largemouth...

#11     Jun 15, 2006

2. I am a currency trader you moron.....

how much have ya lost on the way down dadoucheman?

sp's fell about 100 from the high.....OUCH......you must have taken a beating......

#12     Jun 15, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Were you a local in DM?

#13     Jun 15, 2006
  4. After reading this I am reminded of a quote from former Miami Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson. When asked about rookies dancing like chickens in the end zone, he said he would tell them .......

"When you reach the end zone, act like you've been there before and will get there again."

#14     Jun 15, 2006
  5. Hehe, nice one.

#15     Jun 15, 2006
  6. danoXP

danoXP

Did not make money today. Market blew through 3 additional levels of stops on my US equity index short positions. One stop level on the NDX right before 4pm and close to the day high (and yes, it was if they knew it was sitting there and reached up and grabbed it ;) ) . Was painful to watch, but I made myself sit on my hands ;)

Did not make money yesterday either. Market grabbed the first of 4 levels of stops.

... almost lost more money in the last 2 trading days than was made in the previous 2 trading days. But, thanx to my stops, I have a slight profit (over the last 4 trading days).

Fortunately, the last time this happened (two weeks ago), the market blew through my stops (entries) on the way down again and reapplied the full short position over the next 2 day period.

Maybe I was the guy on the other side of your trades? Oh well ... which fast food restaurants are the most fun to work at?

#16     Jun 15, 2006
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Actually if you can only make $$ on big up days then you need to think about other endeavors. Any day there's volatility, up or down, creates great opportunity. To rant about making some $$$ on some big up days suggests you don't know there's 2 sides to the market.

#17     Jun 15, 2006
  8. Actually, 25% of the market volatility via the VIX, was sucked out, down over 5 full points today.

But the range of movement of the SPX was HUGE at over 26 points.

Why was so much vol sucked out of the market on such a big move day? Doesn't this turn the concept of variance around a mean on it's head? (speaking of which, my head hurts)

I may have to be downgraded to ponce.

#18     Jun 15, 2006
  9. John47

John47

If you were in the currencies we defintley know some of the same people

#19     Jun 15, 2006

10. No. Never traded on then floor. Wish I had though. Besides the great stories of the shit that went on down there, I learned a lot from my buddies who traded in the pits. Although floor trading is very different then screen based trading at times, trading is trading. Felt like I missed out on great experience. Always been off the floor.

#20     Jun 15, 2006