If you could master one strategy, which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Apr 20, 2009.

If you could master one strategy, which would you choose?

1. Buy & hold index investing

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. Deep value investing

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Long/short equity

19 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. How to anticipate and follow major macro trends

28 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. How to speculate in growth/momentum stocks

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. How to buy near the lows of market panics

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. How to spot major stock market tops

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. Cutten

Cutten

If a genie could give you the secrets of one trading or investment strategy, which one would you go for?

2. The one where I wake up every morning and see how much my bot made me overnight.

3. bone

bone

You forgot the most consistent strategy - spread trading. Stat Arb and Relative Value also count as spread trades in my book.

4. Day Trading

5. There are no strategies in trading. It's all one thing, understanding market behavior. Knowing how markets move, and why. This understanding (or wisdom) allows you to trade any way, according to what opportunities you're seeing in the economic environment.

6. She already did: first pullbacks into directional change, first pullbacks into trend continuations.

There's your holy grail :cool:

7. What I am doing now and what I have always done: positional trading exclusively on the short side.

8. THE FADE

9. Hester

Hester

I'd have the genie make me a master at penny stocks. Theres not many systems that could give you the same kinda profits that you get when a ten cent stock goes to ten dollars.

10. fade a well written and well reasoned analysis from Cutten :D

When are you posting your next analysis so I can decide whether to fade it? :)

#10     Apr 21, 2009