If you could live anywhere

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Bogan7, May 25, 2007.

1. I was laughing....

The location is Loch Earn. Perthshire, Scotland.

As for Spain as a destination , I owned land near Alcoy with the intention of builing a home there but sold it cos the country is now overrun with east european gypsy thieving robbing bastards.

#41     May 25, 2007
  2. Panama.... Sure a tropical island is ideal but after a while some variety and different action keeps it interesting. Panama has city, tropical, rainforest, beaches and great standard of life all rolled in one :).

[​IMG]

#42     May 25, 2007
  3. We're thinking about moving to Barcelona or Portugal next year...not sure at the moment.

The gypsy's aren't popular. I spent about 6 months in Eastern Europe traveling a few years ago and people seemed to dislike them there as well.

#43     May 25, 2007
  4. I can't say I liked Panama City as much as I thought I would...spent a few weeks there last year. It's nice, but it's not that high on my list of places to live...the tax benefits for retirees are good.

I'd buy a place on Isla Contadora instead....close enough to Panama City and fucking gorgeous. :D

#44     May 25, 2007
  5. ok,ok, but what were the local milf's like?:p

#45     May 25, 2007
  6. Well it has the downside of any city no doubt but it has some beautiful parts as well as some ugly parts. The Canal is beautiful and the Causeway and parts of Old Panama. But the surrounding areas are quite nice like you mentioned. I have family there so for me it feels comfortable and U.S. comforts at 2nd world prices (used to be 3rd world prices but they are catching up on housing and other areas- labor still cheap).

As for women..... wonderful smorgasboard of tastes and styles since Panama is like a mini Latin American melting pot.

#46     May 25, 2007
  7. Napali coast, Kauai......10 acres in the hills..growing all my own fruit and vegies...coral those wild chickens....few pigs and of course broadband access!

Happy weekend

#47     May 25, 2007
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. I don't believe so. Not positive though. In my experience, it is mainly 3rd world countries that work this way. I have friends that have been doing this in Thailand for years, and even Thailand is starting to crack down.

Then there is Brazil. I have a few buddies in Ceara that just never left, even though its technically illegal. Even if caught, Brazil does nothing about it. They do fine you when you try to leave however. The secret is just don't leave!

#48     May 25, 2007
  9. Opra

Opra

You brought up the factor that you failed to mention in your opening post. A lot depends on what style of trading you do and what markets you trade.

#49     May 25, 2007
  10. Malta

#50     May 25, 2007