If you could KIND OF predict turning points, could the remainder be done with money management?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by 1a2b3cppp, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Close to Bollinger Bands, not really realiable.

Is this meant to imply that if price gets away from VWAP it's supposed to go back?

No predictive value.

Seriously?

Arbitrary

Is this the one with the letters?

Assuming you can pick the EMA duration correctly beforehand, yes.

Yes.

#21     Jan 30, 2018
  2. Only turns and price where they occur are statistically relevant for the prudent trader. How price behaves in proximity to previous turns is what signifies current dominant theme or bias.

#22     Jan 30, 2018
  3. just21

just21

I look at short options as being conservative as they are a wasting asset. Long/short is aggressive and buying options as very aggressive.

#23     Jan 30, 2018
  4. #24     Jan 31, 2018
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

one either knows how to trade... or not

if one does - he needs no money management, if he does not - no MM will save him (just prolong the inevitable demise)

#25     Jan 31, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  6. Is it possible to be any more cryptic? I envision a location in which money management saves bad entries SINCE EVERY BIG FUND SEEMS TO DO THIS ANYWAY. If you could pinpoint a turn to 3 points or so why not just but at level, level - 1 and level - 2?

#26     Jan 31, 2018
  7. qxr1011

qxr1011

wrong

every big fund is based on good supply of OPM, that is the secret of theirs MM,

and while awaiting the new money from new idiots they spread their investments trying to stay afloat

as an individual traders (as i assume you are) you do not have that luxury, you must be concentrated in your efforts and know what to do and when and where to turn... step after step, after step

its all generalization

if one caught oneself not knowing what to do its time to exit instead of start playing games and calling them money management

#27     Jan 31, 2018
  8. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I could tell you with at least 65% certainty that if the SP500 has a monthly close below
    its 40 Month Moving Average, a bear market will follow everytime.
    (see 25 yr chart SP500 & 40 Month Moving Average below)
    I have known this for decades and move my 401k's accordingly, but for some reason
    "I Do Not Rule the World?" [​IMG]

#28     Feb 1, 2018
  9. ironchef

ironchef

How do I become one?

Thanks.

#29     Feb 1, 2018
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Why not, may I ask?

#30     Feb 1, 2018