If you could get ONE certification/degree.....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nelson1980, Feb 5, 2003.

1. nice book list. i think you would enjoy--"envy" by helmut schoek.

best,

surfer

#11     Feb 5, 2003

2. i thought vlad was the dude from reality trader

#12     Feb 5, 2003
  3. TGregg

TGregg

I have no idea. Just read the post about Vlad starting with an back-tested strategy and 50-100k of somebody elses money. Noticed it was from last year, so maybe somebody knows how it turned out.

I reviewed some of his posts, and in one he said he averages about (dog! Lookit ES tank overnite!) $450/day. Then in another one (12/12/02 as I recall) he says he lost 5k in one day.

#13     Feb 5, 2003

4. I don't know.

Just know that he says he's the only one that has the know how to make any money trading.

And that if you don't have a PhD in finance then you might as well cut bait cause only he will catch fish.

#14     Feb 5, 2003
  5. Reminds me of a scene from the 80's movie 'Top Secret'.

Val Kilmer's character is captured by the evil East Germans.
    The Commie East Germans proceed to string him up, and torture him for information.

The Germans beat him so hard that he passes out, and lapses into a dream sequence. Kilmer dreams that he's back in high school, running down the hallway, late and unprepared for a big test.

Kilmer then wakes up, realizes that it was all just a dream, and he's really in prison getting beaten senseless by goons. Kilmer then let's out a sigh of relief and says "Oh, thank God!"

#15     Feb 5, 2003
  6. Some say that a professional chess player has the ingredients to be a good trader.

I tend to agree...Kasparov would be a great trader.

Michael B.

#16     Feb 5, 2003
  7. Just like reading to pass the Series 7 and the Series 24, what a bunch of crap that has NOTHING to do with Direct Access Trading.

#17     Feb 5, 2003
  8. rs7

rs7

i haven't looked back at his posts. but i do remember he was sending me quite a few PM's when I was writing a lot about discipline and simplicity and accountability (back when I used to write about trading and not about the Chit Chat stuff).

. He seemed, if I recall to have a great deal of faith in his technical abilities (as he should with his credentials). He was very fascinated in combining the knowledge with the mentality, which is what I wrote about. Haven't seen him around lately. Hope he is doing great.

Peace,
    :)Rs7

#18     Feb 6, 2003
  9. rs7

rs7

Absolutely!!!!

#19     Feb 6, 2003
  10. Wharton MBA! :)

Of perhaps the 'CheeseMeister' certificate that allows you to wear a meat helmet and use the initials H.U.G.E after your name...

#20     Feb 6, 2003