If you can take too much vitamins. Can you take too much capitalism and get sick?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Askmega, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I was taking 25,000IU of A a day which from what I'd read at the time was the upper limits of a safe dose, but it was too much for me.

#11     Mar 6, 2011
  2. It's a game similar to the worker being held hostage. Take the impoverished wage, or there's the door. Invest your dollars with us for a meager return, or enjoy you're money market account. It's all risk free for them whatever happens. Company does well, great the man makes a billion dollars. They run it into the ground, oh well, guess I'll have to get by on 999 million.
    When failure at the lower level of a society becomes as profitable as success, Houston, we have a problem. When that happens at the top, Houston, we've lost the ship.

#12     Mar 6, 2011
  3. At the end of The Big Short, where the very few who figured out both what was going to happen very early on, and figured out how to make money off it, go off and do whatever it is they decide with their winnings, Michael Lewis points out even the guys on the other side of the trade made a killing: none of them really got hurt by being wrong. Some trader at Morgan Stanley who lost the firm 9 billion dollars, the most ever lost by a single trader anywhere ever, got to keep his millions in bonuses.
    Very disheartening. This was not true in 1929, or with S&L's in the late eighties. Only today, where it's seen as perfectly normal for a losing CEO or trader to still get his bonus regardless.

#13     Mar 6, 2011
  4. But this is true for athletes as well - do good in college, get $50 million to sign with the Raiders - a few years later you proved you sucked and you still get your money. Same with head coaches, etc. Sure they can get fired, but they still get their money for the 2-14 season. There are 100s of musicians who I would never listen to making big $. There are book writers and movie produces who make millions of dollars only for their big production to flop and still get their $, etc, etc.

#14     Mar 6, 2011
  5. Correct. And the parallel applies to economic systems as well. As I had noted in my earlier post, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

#15     Mar 6, 2011
  6. Askmega

Askmega

The beautiful this about this information is you can tell (assuming you are not a dumb ass) where this is all heading.

If this continues as is (and there is no reason to see anything will change)

USA will at some point have a civil war. 1-20 years from now.

#16     Mar 6, 2011
  7. Obviously there's not a shortage of "stupid" running around.

#17     Mar 7, 2011
  8. Mayhem

Mayhem

Who you gonna fight in this civil war? The 0.01% who sell off their remaining stuff and move to Singapore? Or, are you gonna fight the new Chinese overlords who buy up everything with their massive surplus of dollars?

You might as well start the revolution now because kicking Obama's and The Bernanke's ass today has got to be easier than kicking some Chinaman's ass when he has his private armies, the US military, and the US gov't behind him coupled with the fact he has no concept of human rights or human decency.

#18     Mar 7, 2011
  9. ======================
    Mr Big arrow;
    your stats practically[key word=practical ], prove mr.d hedges point....................................................................

Live long & prosper, big arrow;
    but try wild /canned alaska salmon. Sure it may be more USD[$] than fish oil, but sick is exspensive-hey, some people do not even work when sick.

murray t turtle:D

#19     Mar 7, 2011
  10. Thanks Murray, that's mostly what I do now days. The vitamin A over dose I had happened 20 years ago, back when I was a vitamin fanatic.

#20     Mar 8, 2011