If You Can Draw A Straight Line . . .

Discussion in 'Journals' started by dbphoenix, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Yes, it would. Lots of explanation, lots of examples.

#1111     Sep 18, 2013
  2. Thanks RN, I thought that was what I did:

"If this overall move (TF you’re analyzing) is up – start at the bottom of the TF and draw your first TL (iow connect the lows)

If the overall move (TF you’re analyzing) is down – start at the top of the TF and draw your first TL (iow connect the highs)

Once the first TL is drawn – copy it to the other side of this TF’s PA (TF you’re analyzing)"

My alzheimers may be creeping in, if so, just ignore me.

Where is this chart lacking in that respect.

Thanks, I do enjoy and appreciate your posts, as well as DB's.

#1112     Sep 18, 2013
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Here Sir

Erase/ delete your current lines

Draw the first TL, by connecting lows

Copy this TL (TL connecting lows) – to the other side of the TF

==================

Do this you will (or should) see a completely different story than the one your current context is depicting

Recall; This is only a beginning Sir

RN

#1113     Sep 18, 2013
  4. Ok, let me go real slow so I stay with it.

Are not my first 2 lows connected?

#1114     Sep 18, 2013
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No offense intended, but it's not the task of any of this thread's participants to spoon-feed those who won't do the work. I've suggested that you read the chapter on trendlines in Wyckoff's course, but you don't want to do that. Nor apparently do you want to do a search using my name and "trendline". So figure it out for yourself.

And don't even think about playing the age card.

#1115     Sep 18, 2013
  6. No offense taken at all, thanks DB, I'll keep at it. Read Wycoff years ago, aparently not well enough.

Pinhole leak in plumbing in kitchen ceiling to deal with now. Oh joy!

#1116     Sep 18, 2013
  7. Where can I get Wyckoff material to read. What is the title of book ?

Thanks

#1117     Sep 19, 2013
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

#1118     Sep 19, 2013
  9. dbp,

A little off topic maybe but do you use point and figure charts in your own trading? I'm guessing not since you never post about it but is there a reason for this? Do you feel they have value for intraday traders?

Thanks

#1119     Sep 19, 2013
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No, I don't. I've never seen the point (no pun intended). Wyckoff used them for intraday trading in order to give himself structure. Livermore did the same thing. But that's a long story. Would they have bothered if they had had streaming real-time intraday charts in whatever tick interval they wanted? I suspect not. But who knows? We have them, so hah!

People do use them, and I assume that they find value in them or they wouldn't bother. I'm not anti-P&F and I won't discourage anybody from investigating it. It just doesn't interest me.

There are plenty of blind alleys to get fluffed about without picking on something as innocent as P&F.

#1120     Sep 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.