If you bought a product in January using Bitcoin...

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

...you over paid for it by 900%.

One way to look at a currency's fast appreciation. Anything you buy is being overpaid even in a relative short time frame. So stop using it as originally intended... Satoshi is spinning in his grave so fast that we could mine bitcoins using him as a generator.

2. Hoi

Hoi

Satoshi very well knew he created a deflatoir currency. He programmed that inside the miners incentives algorithm. He knew very well it could take more than 12 years to reach a more or less stable phase (when the top part of the S-curve kicked in). He is just smiling in his grave!

3. Cuddles

Cuddles

Was just thinking this on my way home. Why pay with appreciating Bitcoin when you could use depreciating dollars?

VPhantom and quickturtle like this.
  4. johnarb

johnarb

I've always been on the camp that thinks bitcoin is a (high-risk/high-reward) investment asset similar to gold as a store of value, but I appreciate Bitcoin's other features, the main one to function as a currency if one chooses to.

A long time ago, the message was to "churn" bitcoin to increase awareness and adoption. Use bitcoin for purchases and immediately (or even before), buy an equal or greater amount of btc.

I just spend it now as I've bought years ago so don't care if I overpay now as I want bitcoin to go to $100K :D

VPhantom likes this.
  5. How do you know Satoshi is dead? While that Netflix Bitcoin documentary was informative they just figured it was one of the Cypherpunks like Nick Szabo or Hal Finney, who did die and did live, a few blocks, from a Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto. Some thinks it's a group but whoever it is they have 1 million BTC and 1 million BTC cash...if it went to $100K he'd be on Bezos ass for richest in the world on literally a made up asset.

quickturtle likes this.
  6. so 99.99999999999 of the miners who sold are jerks

7. Tibster

Tibster

If you bought something in january by selling some SPY, you overpaid for it by 16%.

Don't buy anything, invest!

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

SPY isn't a currency, (you know to pay for products and services) but same logic applies. But overpaying by 10-15% in a 11 months time is different than paying double in 3-4 weeks. Now sometimes you do have to sell, that isn't the issue.

But let say you bought a used car for 3 BTCs back in January, because you thought, hey, I got those for (let's say) 300 bucks a few years ago. Now it turns out you could have bought a nice new car instead of a shitty used one, had you waited.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't, I was making a point. The point was, oh fuck it, if you didn't get it, you are not worthy...

Cuddles likes this.
  10. Macca1

Macca1

I bought products in January with BTC. But I also bought BTC in early 2015.

More to the point, why are you offering up advice on BTC when you have never owned any?

Dont worry about us over paying by "900%" worry about yourself non existent wallet. God knows how many 1000s of % you're going to miss out on. I pray for you.

#10     Nov 27, 2017
    Hoi likes this.